General Fiction posted July 15, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a very rainy day

haibun ( hail storm)

by magic dragon

a heavy downpour has lasted for an hour now. i sit wondering if it is ever going to end. my neighbours were talking about how the street corner was starting to flood. it sounded like a big deal to me. then all of a sudden the rain became so heavy that drops were pounding so hard on the tin roof. listening, a little scared, i realised it was not just rain i was hearing but hail stones. rushing to the back door i saw little balls of hard ice scattered on the lawn. i was amazed this actually came from raindrops.


winter tale
at times leaves you
mystified



haibun writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write one haibun about: A rainy day.

The Prose:
A paragraph written in a concise, imagistic style. It records a scene or a special moment or a dream in a highly descriptive and objective manner.

The Haiku:
The accompanying haiku has a direct or subtle relationship with the prose and encompass or hint at the gist of what is recorded in the prose sections. 3 lines (short/long/short in syllable count). 11 syllables or less. Two grammatically interconnected lines of concrete imagery (usually lines 1&2, but can be lines 2&3). The satori ("Ah-HA!") line must be clearly defined (it's usually line 3, but can be line 1).


Present tense.
Personification is allowed.

ALL lowercase.
Little punctuation.

NO pictures/artwork.
NO author's notes at all.

The title must look like this:
haibun (very short phrase that provides a direct and obvious context for the prose and haiku)


*see inside announcement for example.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. magic dragon All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
magic dragon has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.