Mystery and Crime Fiction posted July 13, 2014 Chapters:  ...23 24 -25- 26... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The kids take down Elsa's driver, but Elsa recaptures Angela

A chapter in the book Bel Air: A Bard's Guide

The Kids Escape, But Not Angela

by michaelcahill




Background
Angela still captive. The Bard and the others in pursuit. Hopes of millions in ransom still dreamed of.
Previously, the kids were in the hills on the run pursued by Elsa and her men. The Bard and the others made plans to find the kids as the Bard related the news that he got from Winston about the abadndoned school. We pick up the action now as the kids are about to attack Elsa and her driver. Meanwhile, the Bard and the others are on the road trying to reach the kids before something happens to them.

The kids arrived in a swarm and all jumped on Carlos at the same time. Their combined weight toppled him over and to the ground. The fear brought out a ferocious do or die onslaught from the kids that was very effective. Blows from hand and foot rained down on Carlos from every angle. He couldn't get up to his great surprise. Elsa grabbed Angela by the hair and drug her away pulling her towards her car. In the noise and screams of the children and Carlos, Angela's cries for help went unheard. Elsa hit Angela on the back of the head with a pistol she had concealed in her coat. Angela became very dizzy. Elsa had no trouble throwing her into the back seat of her car.
 
Trip looked up to see Elsa driving away with Angela. He looked down at Carlos who wasn't moving. He began searching his pockets for the keys to the pick-up truck parked by the roadside. Elsa's car was no longer in view when he got the truck started. He had very little driving experience, but he took off after them nonetheless. They came to an intersection and Trip went straight. It was just a guess. It was a lucky guess in one sense. The other men were coming down a different road. But, Elsa and Angela weren't on the road they choose. The kids were, however, free. Angela was not and they had no idea where Elsa was taking her. It was certain that it wasn't back to the school.
 
Trip didn't know much about traffic laws or driving in general. That turned out to be a good thing as he and his five passengers were pulled over by local police.
 
"Driver's license, insurance and registration." Officer Langley didn't look up from the ticket he scribbled on. It would be for driving too slow and impeding traffic, running a stop sign and whatever else he could think of. It had been awhile since he had seen someone drive so poorly. Old lady Farnsworth, 97 years old and drunk as an alcoholic skunk, had driven this same road in just about the same fashion last month, kicked him in the shins too. The courtroom burst into laughter when the judge read the assault on an officer charge. Finally, he looked down at Trip.
 
Trip looked scared. He thought that maybe he was in more trouble than what he had left. "I don't have any of those things, sir. I don't know what they are?"
 
"Jesus jumping cornstarch! Get outta that motor vehicle son, you and your band of cohorts. Wait 'till your momma finds out what y'all's been up to. Christ buy me a donut!"
 
Trip and the other children scrambled out of the 'motor vehicle' and stood there looking up at officer Langley. It looked like a scene from Oliver Twist, precious little tykes looking innocent and afraid all with giant saucer eyes staring at the strong arm of the law. All they wanted was a bowl of porridge.
 
"What's your name, son?"
 
"Trip, sir."
 
"Trip, eh. Well, Trip, I gotta ask you. What in blue and gold heaven are you and your band of hooligans doin' driving like a 97 year-old drunk lady on my fair streets? Where's your momma, boy?"
 
"I don't know, sir. I haven't seen her since she sold me to that lady."
 
Officer Langley spoke into his handheld, "This is Langley, I'm gonna need back-up on Sycamore and Ivy Court Terrace. Send child services too. I've got six kids hear operating a motor vehicle. Runaways, kidnap victims… hell, I don't know. Just get a lot of people down here pronto." He put the handheld in his back pocket. "Now, you kids have a seat there on the curb. Some people are on their way to help y'all. Don't you worry. We're gonna get this all sorted out. You kids thirsty? I got some soda pop in the cruiser there. Just a couple bottles of Dr. Pepper, you'll have to share. Sound good?"
 
The kids all nodded in agreement and let out a sigh of relief. You don't get Dr. Pepper when you're in trouble. Every kid knows that.
 

~~~~~~Elsa's car
 

Angela could still feel the effects from the blow to her temple. She felt like grabbing the steering wheel and causing a crash, but feared the consequences more than she wanted to escape. Just two of us now… I'll get my chance. We'll see what you can do without your men to back you up… rotten bitch. If it's the last thing I do…
 
"You just sit there and keep it zipped. You're nothing but a pain in my ass. I'll blow you're bratty head off in a heartbeat. Don't think I won't. You get me, miss money bags?"
 
Angela just nodded her head. Whatever. I'll get you if it's the last thing I do… the last thing I do.
 

~~~~~~~Tenaya's car
 

Tenaya put her phone back in her jacket pocket. "Elsa has Angela and they're on the run. They found the school and a dozen kids… six more in a car they pulled over. They have to be heading east. That's the way we're heading."
 
"Go east young man. The wonders of the Orient await you. Hi, I'm Billy Bob Amerigo Vespucci, have you seen Angela? What? He don't speak English, Lucy. I don't think he's an American. I claim this land for America. Let the bombing begin!"
 
Lucy didn't even respond. She was used to the Bard. "What is east, that is the question. I'm thinking she has some place in mind. Winston must have a bunker or camp somewhere nearby. I sure as hell want to catch them before they reach a defensible position."
 
"They're going to Utah. When Harpster and I were captive, I overheard a couple of the men talking about the Utah compound. That's gotta be where they're going. We're going to have to fight the Royal Mormon Navy. I left my swimsuit at the hotel. OOOOOOOHHHHH. Did you ever go swimmin' with bare naked women the water just up to their kneeeeeeeeessssss!"
 
Tenaya smiled, but she didn't have time to join in. "You've got to get the word out then." She glanced over at Lucy who was already on the phone.
 
"We don't know the make or model… it's a blue later model automobile… no, that's all we know. Angela Blackwell. Yes, Bel Air… yep, Blackwell… one and the same. These are survivalists and militia. They were selling secrets to foreign governments… at least their leader… Winston Blackwell… in custody, yes. Look, we're already in pursuit. Co-ordinate with the FBI in Vegas. Yes… no… we'll call. Oh yeah, we'll call for back up, believe that. There's no telling. Okay then."
 
Tenaya looked concerned. "Well?"
 
"They have some idea of where the compound is. It’s already under surveillance. So, we caught a break there. We need to stop them before they get into that damn compound."
 
"Well, I say we go after them. Right into Utah. Catch them before they get converted. Those Mormon's are crafty. They are sooooo well groomed and polite… and then bam! eternal life! badda bing! love and togetherness! bip bap bop! air-conditioned services! They don't pull no punches. Their God is all seeing too. I bet he's lookin' at me right now… let me borrow your brush, Lucy… and some blush. OH SNAAAP! Marie was a plant! She's already wised them up to me. Here's the plan, you two are my wives… see? You'll both have to sleep with me. It's got to look realistic. I can't believe how well this is working out for me." The Bard leaned back with a big smile on his face.
 
The two detectives kept their eyes on the road. Somewhere ahead of them, Harpster's granddaughter was held hostage by a desperate woman. They didn't like the idea of desperation being a factor.



 




Will try to post more regularly. A chapter a day or at least five a week. Input always appreciated and seriously considered. Thank you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.