Spiritual Poetry posted July 4, 2014 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Swap Quatrain

A chapter in the book Shepherd

He

by w.j.debi

 
He must have wept to hear that cry,
"You have forsaken me. Oh, why?"
Into His eyes, tears must have crept
to hear that cry. He must have wept.

His cherished son felt so alone.
It must have caused His heart to groan
to know that His beloved one
felt so alone--His cherished son.

What parent can turn face away?
The skies grew dark that dreadful day
as Christ fulfilled salvation's plan.
Turn face away? What parent can?

It rends the heart when loved ones grieve.
No, I am sure He did not leave.
He watched with love and wept apart.
When loved ones grieve, it rends the heart.

 



Recognized


"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Mark 15:34 King James Version

One day I was at a school sporting event. A man I knew asked if he could hide behind me. His son was in the competition. He did not want his child to know he was there. He didn't want to distract the child in any way so he could put his full effort into the event. But the father couldn't stay away. He wanted to be there and see how his son did, silently lending his support.

I recalled other times I have seen wise parents take a step back and let a child struggle with something so they could win the victory on their own. I think the parent often suffers more than the child in some cases.

It made me wonder what The Father felt during the Crucifixion of Jesus. Part of the process was The Father removing His Spirit and leaving Christ to feel abandoned. This poem was the result of contemplating how The Father felt in that moment.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by lynnkah at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. w.j.debi All rights reserved.
w.j.debi has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.