General Fiction posted June 20, 2014 Chapters:  ...40 41 -42- 43... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short short story

A chapter in the book Short

Kitty and Meow-Meow At the Bar

by Bill Schott

Kitty and Meow-Meow sat together at the bar. Their joint luck in arousing the interest of the male clientele had been dismal. Along with the sad fact that there was only one customer, seniority was not a kind status in an occupation that required men to fawn over you, buy overpriced drinks, and eventually, after a huge investment in liquor and promises, leave to an evening of amusement or pain.

Commiserating over the lack in activity, they each noted that Sylvia was attracting the only man in the place like a sunflower, rising above the weeds, lures the bee. Sylvia was a decade younger than either Kitty or Meow-Meow. The makeup and clothing were flawlessly and captivatingly applied to the diva's body in a way that enticed men as to a siren.

Sylvia made a move to the exit with an inebriated and enthusiastic gentleman.

"Y'know," Kitty said, " these guys spend a fortune here just tryin' to get into some strange snatch."

Meow-meow giggled. "That dude'll be thinkin' STRANGE alright, when he gets his hand in Sylvia's pants."

"Yeah," returned Kitty, with a grin. "He'd never get that at home."

"Do you think Sylvia will be alright with that guy?" asked Meow-Meow, awaiting Kitty's reply.

"My husband can take care of himself," Kitty responded with a smile.

Both women laughed a moment before turning back to their empty glasses
.



Two women sit at a deserted bar writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story using the premise two woman sit at an otherwise deserted bar. They share a secret. They strike up a friendship.

Recognized


Thanks to donaldcolson for use of the photo
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.