Spiritual Poetry posted June 8, 2014 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Triolet

A chapter in the book Shepherd

Want

by w.j.debi

Want was strong, but faith was stronger.
Poor widow cast in all she had.
Two mites--they were hers to squander.
Want was strong, but faith was stronger.

Her fate? We are left to ponder.
We only know she made Christ glad.
Want was strong, but faith was stronger,
Poor widow cast in all she had.




Recognized


The story of the widow's mite as found in Mark 12: 41-44 (King James version)

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which makes a farthing.
And he called unto him his disciples and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living."

Thank you to Angelheart for the loan of the beautiful artwork "Prayer-Upward Bound"

still experimenting--my first triolet (A triolet has only eight lines with a rhyme scheme abaaabab. Lines one, four and seven are exactly the same. Lines two and eight are exactly the same.)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. w.j.debi All rights reserved.
w.j.debi has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.