Biographical Poetry posted May 9, 2014 Chapters:  ...39 40 -41- 42... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
contest entry

A chapter in the book Writing Prompt Entries 2014

Useless

by Debra White


Baby whimpers
     yet again.
          Hold your breath
               and count to ten.


Rose-hued lenses
     fall away.
          Longed-for infant
               here to stay...

Daddy soothes him
     so damn well.
          Useless mothers
               go to hell.

Good for nothing
     waste of space,
          hide away
               don't show your face.


 



Artwork Inspired Writing Prompt writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write about the artwork displayed.

Please ensure you correctly categorise your entry as poetry, fiction, non-fiction etc.

Maximum word count: 200

No other rules - have fun!


Recognized


Baby-Blues aren't as cute as the name would have you believe.
I was desperate to become a mother and when I finally found out that I was pregnant, I was so elated. I spent my whole pregnancy looking forward to meeting our baby and us becoming a family.
I found the first few months of motherhood to be difficult, lonely and very very scary. Everyone but me seemed to have the 'knack' with my baby and I spent most of the time hiding away, feeling useless. I was embarrassed to admit to myself that I may be depressed and I didn't seek medical help. I should have...
Both myself and baby Ben came out of the 'dark months' unscathed (just in case you wondered!)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by liana miron at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.