General Poetry posted April 21, 2014 Chapters:  ...153 154 -155- 156... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An End's Edge Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Buds and Bloom

by Treischel

Buds and bloom,
Room to grow,
Throw the yellow
Mellow petal's glow.
Show the world
Unfurled color delight.
Ignite our imagination,
Elation in sight.

Buds and bloom
Assume their place.
Space is brightened,
Heightened by hue.
True colors shine
Design so devine.
Fine spring duds,
Buds and bloom.





This picture of yellow roses in bloom along with a bud, inspired this poem. These were growing at the Como Conservatory in the Sunken Garden area, where they caught my eye.

I used the term "Duds" here in the slang sense as "clothes".

This poem is an End's Edge Poem.
The Ends Edge was created by the poet Vroom. I was introduced to it by Gungalo. it consists the first word of each line of the poem rhyming with the last word of the previous line. There is no requirement for line length of syllable count, but I chose for this poem to be limited to 3 words per line. I imagine this format is most effective with shorter lines as then the connection becomes most apparent.

This photograph was taken by the author himself.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.