Biographical Poetry posted April 19, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This poem defines my personality...

An Ode describing me

by Atul Saxena

I'm fully modest and they call me coy; on the whole I'm a nimble boy.
A little skittish when I talk but all eyes follow me when I walk.
I've got jeans and shirts of latest trend but, to take a look, no girlfriend.

A little fleshy but not a butterball and neither I'm curtailed and nor too tall.
I don't know, what they say are truths or lies, they say "the best aspects of your face are your eyes."
Got up, fell down and got up again and there is still some itch left in me to dance in the rain.

I love my city and believe in patriotism so, there's no room in my heart for nationalism.
I've faith in the courtesy of my culture and I think religious discrimination is eating us like vultures.
Without oil paints or colourful glob but, to paint with the words is my job.

Usually get hurt but I never cry, to get what I want I work and forever try.
To be with friend is all what I like and I never say no when it's about hike.
All the black days and their flashing screams got wrecked when they tried to cross my dreams.

I love sitting on the grass and under the shade of the tree cause that's where I feel reckless and free.
I like to walk on lone and solitary roads cause that's where I reside my all new odes.
This or that whatever is the case, I write my verses with a full grace.

Always been venturous or a kooky fellow, no matter my soreness is deep or shallow.
Gone through fiasco, bungle and bust but with a single conquest I put them under gust.
Bringing smile on all the faces and I'm known for winning races.

Take a deep breath before I open the quest, calm down and just take the rest.
Giving an end to this thriller game, now I'm going to tell you my name.
As incredible as incredible could be, my name is Atul and that's what it should be.



5-7-5 Poetry Contest contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Atul Saxena All rights reserved.
Atul Saxena has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.