General Fiction posted April 14, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A silly carry on.

~ 'ANYWAY,' - I'LL CARRY ON ~

by write hand blue





~ 'Anyway'- I'll carry on. ~

                   ~~♦~~




One day, a Man called Anton Differing heard the postman at the doo... No! No!

A man didn't call out anything -- I should have written 'named' instead. Anyway, I'll carry on.

One day, a man named Anton Differing, heard the postman at the door. That's much better!

The core of this story is woven loosely around the fact that it was his birthday.

"That's funny! I had a birthday last year-- but-- was that one also funny?" he thought and questioned himself at the same time. He was clever that way.

"Yes, you did, and don't even think of leaving home. Boy, you're only forty eight years old," said his part time Fairy Godmother as she drank her coffee and waved her magic wand. She, like Anton, was also good at multi-tasking and liked showing off.

She answered helpfully, even though she hadn't been asked.

"That's not helpful," Anton muttered.

"Godson, don't answer the name tags on the page. I've told you before."

"Before what?" Anton challenged.

"Don't challenge me."

She had a little thought. Not a big one, because it would have taken too long.

"Oh my goodness, you've got me doing the same."

"Heh! Heh!

Dear godson, I've put your mail on the rocking, unsafe mantelpiece above the fireplace.

Right, I'll have a look at the mail on the rocking, unsafe mantelpiece over the fireplace. Oh dear!

Anton grabbed -- yes grabbed his mail from the rocking, unsafe maaaaa. Anyway you know the rest.

As he grabbed -- yes, you guessed. You know what happened, don't you? ONE CARD FELL UNSEEN DOWN THE BACK BETWEEN THE WALL AND THE ROCKING UNSAFE MAAAAA. --  OH! Dear -- again.

Now the important fact in the plot, if there is a plot. Is the word UNSEEN in bold italic capitals. 'Anyway'- I'll carry on.

"I have a lot of cards today."

The part time Fairy Godmother wanted to wave her wand again, but couldn't think of a reason to do so.

So, she looked glumly into her coffee cup and wondered how her glumly looked. And thought about how she couldn't think of a reason. Showing off again as she multi-tasked.

Somehow, I've got to follow the rules of this insane competition. lol.

Anyway, he opened his birthday cards successfully and without an incident. He had no incidents, only cards for his birthday.
The story of the moral -- yes that's right. To comply with this competition called the 'CLUELESS GIFT-RECIPIENT.' (and not the clueless contest organiser as I've heard said) -- NO! I never said that.

Anton was never to know of the misplaced birthday card that had a lottery ticket inside as a birthday present.

 The million pounds prize was never claimed. A week later the headlines on the national news said -- 'The hunt is on for the missing one million pound lottery ticket.

"That would make someone a nice birthday present," Anton said.

Meanwhile his birthday card and lottery ticket mouldered away behind the rocking unsafe maaaa -- you know the rest --     ~ The 'CLUELESS GIFT-RECIPIENT.' ~

                                                    ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 



The Anonymous Recipient contest entry

Recognized


I couldn't think of anything less silly than this, under the rules as they are.
Everything is written as a joke. Just in case anyone tries to decipher it.

At least I'm anonymous for now.

Do I normally write like this? Sometimes.
Do I normally think like this? All the time.




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. write hand blue All rights reserved.
write hand blue has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.