General Non-Fiction posted February 16, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An introduction to understanding how astrology works.

Astrology explained.

by Jackarrie



The sun in our birth map is the strongest energy, and this is why we can identify certain character traits in people with the same sun sign as ourselves.

This is also the basic difference between people who study astrology and those who are only able to identify themselves with the sun signs. If we consider the complexities of the human brain and how we are all individual, even identical twins have different fingerprints.


My first introduction was a very small book I bought in an airport. It had the details of the twelve signs of the zodiac; it gave characteristics to each sign of the zodiac. Now, to my mind, this was ridiculous: how all the people living on planet earth can be divided into twelve descriptions of character. I opened the book and began to read; of course, I went straight to my sign, Gemini, and I was surprised, as it might as well be describing me to a tee. I read it out loud to my husband and asked him, "Who does this sound like?"

He replied, "That is typical you."

I put it down to coincidence. We laughed as I read on to my husband until it was time to land, so I put the book away and forgot all about it. I began to think: this is strange, the Gemini interpretation is so like me, and now this information about the sign of cancer is so like my husband. I was intrigued, as we are so different from each other, and there was not a hint of sameness between both of the descriptions. This is what prompted me to begin the study of the real art of astrology.


I signed up for an eight-week introduction. I loved going to my class for a couple of reasons: I enjoyed meeting new interesting people, as I was learning all about the history of famous people, such as Plato, Aristotle, Ptolemy, Eratosthenes, as well as basic astronomy, and also about the famous astronomers and scientists of past and present. I found all of this fascinating and very enjoyable. I believed I was not wasting my time learning. I could be very open minded about the astrological part of it all. I mentioned to the teacher that I was basically a sceptic, quite a doubting Thomas, but promised to retain an open mind on it all. He said he was pleased to hear that, as he said "Unless you seriously study and experience a subject, how can you protest to know anything about it?"

I learned later that what the teacher said was a quote from Isaac Newton. I liked his attitude, but my task ahead was to study hard, particularly the history and the astronomy, and see how I got on.

I also read about Socrates, the founder of the school of thought, who said you must educate yourself by striving constantly as hard as you can to get to the point of understanding your own ignorance; only then can you claim to have any acquaintance with knowledge at all.

As you can now gather, that pop astrology--the predictions in the newspapers and magazines--cannot be taken serious. If you want to know more about your character traits, your strengths, and your weaknesses, you will get this from a professional astrologer. The information gained can be valuable. It shows how you view the relationship with your parents. What kind of mate you are attracted to, positive and negative ways of seeing the world, and much more.

I was insatiable for knowledge and had a real desire to understand this new way of looking at life. Looking back, I know I was looking for a meaning to life. I had always loved psychology. Carl Gustav Jung, a renowned analytically psychologist, believed both disciplines concern themselves with the psyche. As with astrology, there are different branches and schools of psychology; some prefer scientific approaches; others follow holistic or alternative concepts. These latter approaches often display parallels to astrology and combine easily with it. Jung used birth horoscopes to gain insight into his patients, and courses in astrology have been taught at various Jungian Institutes around the world for many years. There are also many psycho synthesis practitioners who use astrology to augment their understanding of their clients. The value of astrological interpretation has already made its mark in many spheres of modern psychology.
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." Carl Jung

The art of astrology lies at one level in the construction of accurate profiles of personality and relationship through the skilled interpretation of symbolic patterns and in mapping the general tendencies that present themselves over the course of our lives. This is a profoundly developed form of personal analysis, which has influenced modern psychology in its theories of personality and temperament (though in a selective and much-simplified form). Astrology also brings a unique form of spiritual guidance at the level required by individual consciousness according to its level of personal (or soul) growth.

I will conclude by saying it is one of my studies that gave me more than I could ever imagined. I enjoyed doing the charts for family, friends and neighbors. I was asked to talk to groups to introduce it to the public. I also went to ladies clubs, to sports groups, and I even gave the talks in prisons. I have never gained financially. The money paid to me by the clubs etc., I gave to charity. This is not to say that it should not be paid for. I support and know the work put into the study of astrology. The key point would be to find a good one, as, like a lot of other practices out there, unfortunately, there are charlatans.

I have been a fan of Deepak Chopra for years, and I recently read that he is a believer of Vedic Astrology. "We are not separate from the universe, so every event in the universe is non-locally connected to every other event in the universe,"

Awareness is the key to change the probabilities.











Recognized


This is a request from a fan who asked if I had written anything about Astrology.

Thanks to Rama devi for the help in correcting my grammar mistakes
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jackarrie All rights reserved.
Jackarrie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.