Young Adult Fiction posted February 2, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Patrick amuses himself

The Devil by Firelight, part 3

by GWHARGIS


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
Fin came into the kitchen, stretching as he walked. He looked at the girl, Jenny, who was slumped over the table asleep.

"How long's she been asleep?" Fin asked.

"Couple of hours."

Fin nodded, turning to search the cabinets for food. "She recognized me, Patrick."

"She say something?"

Fin shook his head. "Didn't have to. I saw it in her eyes when she looked at me last night." He stared into the nearly empty cabinet. "What are we gonna do?"

"We'll worry about that when the time comes. Right now we're going to have a nice little Christmas with the Burns children."

"What happens when their parents show up?"

"Something tells me Jenny and her brother are hiding out just like us." Patrick reached over and rubbed a strand of her hair between his fingers. "Who knows, this could be fun."

Fin pulled a box of Rice Krispies out and poured some into a bowl.

"Jenny's pretty smart, Patrick. The sooner we get the hell out of here the better. She's only going to go along with us for so long."

Patrick smiled, then leaned down to smell her hair.

"You forget. We have a hundred and thirty pounds of leverage. We'll let Miss Jenny have a little more sleep, then it's show time."



Her brain hurt. Every part of her, from her head down hurt. First it was the pain of her body, then it was the realization of their situation. This was more than just sore muscles.

"Wake up, Jenny. Your baby brother needs you."

He was unbearably close. Just hearing his voice made her jerk awake. Fin was there, leaning against the kitchen counter, eating cereal. He smiled. He smiled at her like they were old friends. He may not have been as out and out evil as his brother, but he was in league with him. In Jenny's book, that was just as bad.

"Jeremy," she called and tried to stand up. Patrick pushed her back down.

"Whoa, first things first. Fin and I are hungry. See what you can whip up."

"Let me check on my brother."

Patrick smiled, but his blue eyes remained cold and empty.

"Ah-ah, you didn't ask nicely," Patrick said. "Try it again."

"Please."

"Not convincing."

She could feel her anger and frustration push past her resolve to stay calm.

"What do you want?"

Patrick's eyes flickered to the floor at his feet.

"On your knees, Jenny. Kneel and beg."

Jenny shook her head. "I won't," she said.

Patrick looked at Fin. "Go check on his ankle. Check it real good."

"Wait!" she said, dropping to her knees. "Please, please let me go check on him."

She tried not to cringe as he slid his fingers through her hair. He looked down at her, a playful smile on his face. He had won. He had just taken possession of her. It was a small triumph, but a triumph nonetheless.

"Now was that so hard?" he asked softly.

His eyes held hers. If she looked away, it meant she gave up.

"Give me a kiss, Jenny."

"I did what you asked."

He twisted his fingers and stared to drag her across the floor, towards the living room.

"Some lessons are tough to learn, little girl. You're about to understand that."

With a great amount of force he shoved her backwards. He strode out of the kitchen and went to Jeremy. He glanced at her once, as if only to make sure she was watching.

He lifted his foot and kicked Jeremy's ankle.

Jeremy's scream cut into her. Patrick raised his foot again.

"You see how little patience I have now, don't you?" His voice was barely a whisper. "Crawl over here."

Jenny crawled. Her whole body was wracked with sobs. He was a madman. Pure evil.

"I'm sorry," she said. It was meant for her brother, but Patrick answered.

"Stand up now."

She did as she was told. Her stomach rolled as she listened to the pathetic noises that were coming from Jeremy. Patrick reached out and hooked his fingers into her belt loops. He drew her closer.

"You want to kiss me, don't you?"

She swallowed. "Yes." Her voice sounded foreign and weak. She had kissed other boys. But this time it was different. This time it was dirty. She fought the bile that clawed its way up her throat.

Do this for Jeremy. Do whatever it takes to keep him safe.




Recognized


Warning, this is very dark. If you aren't up for it, I will understand.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.