General Fiction posted January 29, 2014 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 25... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Edited to include more plot movement.

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Eve of the Irsdan

by Bill Schott



Background
PALE SISTERS is the story of two extraterrestrial factions vying for control of the destiny of Earth and its people. This control will come from a cataclysmic event triggered by the Pale Sisters.
Clay Curtis, head of the homicide division, had never seen anything like it. Reporting to a call from a neighboring condominium, the police had broken down the door of the next unit, belonging to Ernesto Rivera. Once inside, they were confronted with a grisly scene. There was a man lying on the bed; a long slash began at his chin and ran down to his chest, bisecting his throat. There were more than fifty other slashes all over his body. The coroner would eventually state that most of the butchering occurred while the victim was alive.

A sixteen-year-old-girl was found cowering in the bathroom. She had listened for hours to the screams of agony coming from the adjoining room. She was taken to police headquarters for questioning. Later, in his office, he ran through his telephone listing and placed a call to Cyril Blaise. He would be vitally interested in this murder investigation, as his teenaged daughter was an eye witness.
======================

One hour later, Cyril Blaise entered the office of Raleigh Sabre. Winston Lee, Victor Edam, and Amanda Lee were there waiting.

"What in the world is going on!" exclaimed Cy. "Why was Cybil with Rivera; and who killed him?"

"We're not sure on any of it, Cy," said Winston, with concern. "We weren't aware that Ernesto and Sybil even knew each other."

"We think that he was killed by Olan Rawls," offered Raleigh. "We missed him on the cleanup and he may be out to get us."

"He could have killed my Cybil!" shouted Cy, losing his usually unflappable composure. "It's amazing that the filthy scum let her live."

"It's a wonder he let her go unscathed," injected Amanda, "even if he hadn't known who she was. He obviously did not, or it is easily assumable that he would have butchered her like he did Ernesto."

"We have a lock on all of Ernesto's contacts and 'on-decks'," stated Raleigh flatly. "We can overcome his loss."

"If Amanda had done her part," accused Cy, "this would never have happened."

"Let's not lose our heads, Cy," said Winston, defending his wife. "We are all doing our jobs and can handle anything that arises."

"Ernesto's people are tracking down Rawls as we speak," stated Amanda. "We should have news on him soon."

"What am I to do about Cybil?' asked Cy.

"I will pick her up," suggested Amanda. "Clay Curtis knows me and there will be no problem."

"I should go and get her!" insisted Cy, still blaming Amanda's mishandling of her responsibilities for this drastic turn of events. "She needs me right now."

"I need to find out what my son is doing, too," added Victor Edam. "He has gotten wrapped up with this Diana Camp and is asking too many questions."

"The Camp woman will no longer be a problem as of tomorrow morning," stated Amanda. "She will be terminated by eight a. m. There's no need to concern ourselves with her again."

"We need you both here," stated Raleigh. "The Triumphad must be established within the next three days. We have no time to handle any other concerns but that."

"I'll go now," stated Amanda; with a touch on Winston Lee's hand, she turned and headed out the door.

"Winston," directed Raleigh, "it's time to get the girls positioned. We are still on a time line here and need to stay focused on our goal. Nothing can be allowed to interrupt our plans. The time is at hand for the Irsdan."

Winston nodded agreement and, motioning to Cy and Victor, the three left to make the preparations for transport.

Once alone in his office, Raleigh Sabre looked out his broad picture window that overlooked the city and smiled. The minds of his associates were like open books to him. He knew their fears, hopes, schemes, and personal agendas. Of him, they all knew only what he had told them, or what he had allowed them to 'discover'. They did not really know who he was. They didn't know where he had actually come from, or why.

Soon though, they would all become aware of who Raleigh Sabre really was. The world would know.

================


Clay Curtis, Cybil Blaise, and Amanda Lee all stood in the Chief of Homicide Investigations office. Cybil had given the description of Ernesto's murderer, and both Clay and Amanda knew that it was definitely Olan Rawls.

When pressed about why she had been in Ernesto Rivera's bedroom, she stated that she had fallen in love with him over a period of time in which he had been working with a group of young people like her. The fact that there was forty years difference in their ages had not posed a problem for her, and if there were legal problems with the affair between a sixteen-year-old and a fifty-five-year-old lover, they were certainly moot now.

Clay assured Amanda that all records of Cybil's involvement in the murder had been deleted and, with the description of Rawls, they had enough to go on without putting the girl in the picture at all.

That done, the women left the police station and returned to Amanda's car.

"Were you able to get the information we needed?" asked Amanda of the girl as they pulled out into the city traffic.

"No," answered the girl, as she ignited a cigarette. "By the end of the night I may have, but that yeti ruined everything. I thought for sure he was going to kill me too; or worse."

"It's amazing that he didn't," said the redhead. "It's not like Olan to pass up a chance to have a pretty, young girl like you."

"I was so scared!" she exclaimed. "It was bad enough to have to let that old fart huff and puff and jam his salami into me. Then I thought I was going to get raped by that awful thing that killed him. Then get chopped up."

"He may not have known any more than Winston does," said Amanda. "Raleigh has buried himself in a mountain of secrets that will take some time to excavate. Perhaps it's time that I started working on your father."

The thought of Amanda and her father put a deeper draw in her breath. She could picture the two, soaked in sweat and writhing in ecstasy. She could see Amanda, as she had before, naked and lying seductively on a bed. Her firm body and soft skin never belying her mature years. She was a fine woman and an excellent lover.

"Let's stop somewhere," Cybil suggested, with her breathing becoming rapid and shallow, as she placed her hand on Amanda's thigh. "Let's stop at a motel."

Amanda looked down at the young girl's hand and up to meet her eyes. She looked at the dashboard clock and thought of their schedule. She then began looking for a motel sign.
==========================


Winston Lee had double-checked the expeditions' schedules and had made the final calls that would confirm them. His mission was to get one of the Pale sisters to Antarctica, and to the exact location for the greatest refraction. All was ready.

Cyril Blaise had confirmed his expedition to the summit of Mt. McKinley. The trace had been planned and all that remained was to begin the ascent with one of the little queens. He would have to make it there in what would be a record climb, with a young child in tow.

Victor Edam had arranged for his caravan to leave on schedule. The location of his final destination, in the middle of the Sahara Desert was verified.

Soon they would leave to change everything. Soon, it would the time of the Irsdan.



 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.