General Fiction posted January 29, 2014 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
contest entry

A chapter in the book Writing Prompt Entries 2014

Almost Bedtime

by Debra White

In ten minutes, it'll be time for me to go to bed. I hate going to bed...

I wonder if I can stay up a little bit later tonight. I could make my supper last for a really long time, or I could pretend that I can't find Big Bobby. Everyone knows that I can't sleep without Big Bobby. I have a great idea!  If I'm as quiet as a mouse, maybe Mommy will forget that I'm still up. Shhhh!

Bed-time itself is lovely, in fact it's my favourite time of the day. I get to ride up the stairs on Mommy's back and then after I've had my teeth brushed, she reads me a story, sometimes two! Then, she'll tuck Big Bobby and me into bed and she'll sit for a while, just stroking my hair and singing nursery rhymes to me. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is my favourite. Mommy has the prettiest singing voice...

I love Mommy so much, I wish she would stay with me until morning. But she won't. She says that I'm a big boy now that I'm three and that I must be brave and sleep all by myself.

I don't get it... she's way older than me and she still sleeps in the same bed as Daddy!



Through the eyes of a child writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story (100-500 words). The story must include a child's perspective of an object or situation. The story may be told from the viewpoint of the child, or an adult.


My children all have well-honed delaying tactics at bedtime!

Image courtesy of Google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.