Essay Non-Fiction posted January 20, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Beating the system?

Help Yourself

by Spitfire



I’ve discovered an interesting phenomenon on this site. Maybe you have too. After posting a short poem, I get at least six new readers, names that never appeared on my reviews before.

Since I like to investigate and encourage unknowns (to me), I click on their names and up pops a profile page, where I naturally read the most  recent post. And guess what? Nine to one, it’s a blind writing prompt entry!

Although votes are not solicited, the author is hoping you can’t resist going to Booths, finding the applicable one and checking the circle next to their entry without reading the others.

Is Tom impressed by those who support the competition? Does he have a way to find out if you read everyone? Heck, there’s a way around that too. Open every entry, then close without reading.

Sorry to be such a cynic.

Another way to find out who's posting what.  Check the profile page of your favorites. Blind entries will be listed there. Can you hint in a review?   Just did that. The line was blacked out. 

I’m curious to see if these tips get past the censors. After all, it’s not like I'm cheating.  My motives are not to get funny money, but just to get read.  But winning doesn't hurt either.



 




Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Spitfire All rights reserved.
Spitfire has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.