General Science Fiction posted December 20, 2013 Chapters:  ...22 22 -23- 24... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Prison drama

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Discoveries

by Bill Schott


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
Synopsis up to now:

Sophia marries her childhood sweetheart, Jay Pale

He is soon murdered and she raped.

She moves in with her aunt, Amanda, and has a child, Virgo.

Sophia is raped again, accused of murder, sentenced to prison, and has another child, Libra.

In prison Sophia meets Holly Heidi, Queen Deana, Looney Linda, and Diana Camp.

Sophia learns that Linda is of a group called Kolk, that Jay was murdered by a group known as the Magfas (of which her aunt is a member), Diana trades sex and a murder (for the Magfas) for her freedom.

Sophia dies in prison.

Focus shifts to Linda who escapes prison, pursued by the Magfas.

Linda 'dies' and transfers her collective Kolk essence to Emily Pollar, a nanny within the Magfas(who control Sophia's two girls).

Focus shifts to Diana who delivers a child within the Magfas mansion and is then framed for a murder and returned to prison (but not before meeting and leaving an impression on Vincent Edam).

Amanda has eliminated the rape squad and others who would be links to the Magfas. Olan Rawls survives, however, and is out for revenge against the Magfas.

The prison warden, another Magfas member, has orchestrated rapes and murders within the prison and is now after Diana Camp.

===================================================


Vincent Edam's meeting with his father was not an enjoyable one for either party.

"There's no way I'm buying that you don't know more about Diana's situation," insisted Vincent.

"I swear on your mother's soul that I was only trying to help out a kid in trouble," returned Victor. "She simply chose a dark road of deceit and murder. I'm not discussing her any further and I am pleading with you to forget her. She's trash, and has been dumped where trash goes."

"Bullshit!" blurted Vincent, using a word he'd never actually uttered before, and certainly never expected to shout at his father. "There is no way I'll ever accept that. I'm simply dumbfounded at your attitude. I'm literally shocked by your apathy and apparent choice to feign ignorance."

"Vincent -"

"Save it, Mr. Edam!" he interrupted. "Mr. Too-Important-to Care. I'll find out what's going on myself."

With that, Vincent stormed out of his father's office went straight to the city newspaper. Once there he found that the murder had not reached any further notoriety than to be pushed onto the fourth page at the fold of the paper. He was beginning to see that there was a lot of suppression of this case and that he would get nowhere asking for cooperation.

He returned to his father's office, when only the secretary was there, and was admitted. While there he rifled through his father's personal files in search of anything concerning Diana Camp. There were copies of documents that painted an appealing background for the woman, but ended with a copy of her birth certificate. She was the daughter of a Jason and Natalie Camp of Baltimore, Maryland.

The next morning, Vincent drove to the Hall of Records in Washington, D.C. to find out more about her parents. What he found was - nothing. There was never a birth to this couple, or a record of their existence anywhere.

Convinced that the only way to resolve this issue in his own mind was to talk to Diana, he returned to his car and headed for the state penitentiary.


=====================

Diana Camp was working in the laundry as she pondered the irony of her life. She had killed a man and been sent to prison. That made some sense. Then, she had killed another man to be released from prison. Now, she had killed no one and been sent back to prison. She was resigned to the idea that she would never see the outside of this place again. She figured she wouldn't be alive much longer either.

She was shaken from her thoughts by the deafening sound of the general alarm. Abiding with prison procedures, she reported to the shift guard for escort back to her cell.

The alarm startled Vincent Edam as well, who had just shaken hands with Warden Dag in his office.

"You'll have to excuse me, Vincent," stated the Warden. "I'll need to find out what this is all about."

Warden Dag left Vincent in his office and headed for the Security Chief's hut. He knew full well what the alarm was for, and what was to follow.

The morning guards had stopped out in front of a cell on cell-block six, because of a stream of blood that was coming from within that space. Looking in they beheld the ghastly sight of Queen Deana, pushing what had to be a severed head between her legs.

Two guards, using tranquiller guns, shot darts at the monstrous woman. They didn't seem to have any effect on her. She was angered by them though, and charged the cell door. The guards jumped back, apparently believing that it was possible for the woman to knock it down. A moment later, two more guards arrived with similar guns and shot her in both the throat and leg. She finally fell to the blood-covered floor.

All four guards entered the cell and began shackling the huge female, while two more showed up to assist in carrying the hulk out and to maximum security. What was left in the cell were the remains of Heidi Lake. Atrocities to her breasts and vaginal area were readily apparent. Her headless torso had been crushed into a sack of broken bones and souse.

Warden Dag arrived and was shaken by the sight of Heidi's body. He had not anticipated it being as horrifying as it was. This would, however, make his petition to have Queen Deana Darkle transferred to a high-security prison for the criminally insane a foregone conclusion.

When he returned to his office, he was still left with the decision to either turn Vincent away and contact his father, or allow him to see the girl. He knew that Victor had not wanted his son involved in the dynamics of the Irsdan. So he knew that Vincent's interest in the Camp woman was not in the interest of the Magfas. There was a chance that she could reveal what she knew or suspected to Vincent before she could be silenced. This might bring him into the mix as a new and radical element with which to deal.

Begging for time to handle the terrible tragedy, the Warden asked Vincent to return the next day and he would grant him time to interview Miss Camp. Vincent relented and agreed to return the next day

Warden Dag could now implement phase two of his plan.

===================


Billy Lewis had been sent by the Warden to deliver a message to Queen Deana, who was back in her solitary confinement cell. The woman had been chained to the opposite wall, but Billy still had his spare revolver out just in case.

Deana laughed when she saw it, knowing it was a .38 caliber. She had stopped dozens of those low-caliber bullets in her tough hide, and had still survived to kill the ones who shot her. She enjoyed the fact that the world lived in mortal terror of her.

"Hi, Deana," said Billy nervously. "I have a message from Warden Dag for you."

"Is that it in your hand?" she asked, with a grunting chortle.

"No," he grinned, still nervous but somewhat surprised that the creature had a sense of humor. "It's about his deal with you to get out of here."

"I'm out of here tomorrow, fish-bait!" she roared, lurching forward and sending Billy jumping back to the wall behind him, where he assumed a shaking, two-handed pistol stance.


Deana laughed out loud to see the cretin quiver.

"Y-yeah, Deana, yeah," he agreed, trying to regain his composure to some degree. "There's just one more little thing he wants you to do before you go."

"Don't tell me," she laughed. "The old fossil wants to knock off a piece of my tail before I'm out of reach."

The thought nearly gagged the young guard. "No. He has one more inmate that he needs you to deal with."


Queen Deana grinned and said, "You tell Foster that I'll be happy to kill every living thing in this pop-stand, all the way up to when I'm being driven out of here. I'll even take two or three along to play with on the trip."

"Then this is what will happen," Billy went on, still pointing the revolver. "You'll be taken out through the laundry to the truck in the south court. You will break free of the escort and go on a rampage through the surrounding area. You'll eventually surrender, but not until after you've killed Diana Camp."

"Are you going to paint a sign on this bone?" she asked with a dead-eye stare. "Or do I just break all the honeys in half 'til I pick a winner."

"I'll be standing beside her so you'll know who she is." replied Billy.

Deana smiled. She really liked this idea of one last frolic before hitting the road. "Tell the Wart that I'll do it," she stated.

Billy nodded and backed out of the area, breathing a sigh of relief.




Thanks to Bertodi for the cool art.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.