General Science Fiction posted October 19, 2013 Chapters:  ...19 20 -20- 21... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Olan catches up with Ernesto Rivera

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Diana and The Return of Olan Rawls

by Bill Schott

BACKSTORY
Sophia Pale is raped and her husband murdered. She becomes pregnant and moves in with her aunt, Amanda. One year later she is kidnapped by the same men again; raped in a bizarre ritual, and then arrested for murder. She is sent to prison and has another child. Amanda, meanwhile, has adopted Sophia's children, Virgo and Libra. Sophia meets Diana in prison. Sophia and Diana are raped again in a similar ritual (which involves a human sacrifice and a group insemination). Sophia meets Linda of the Kolk (a spirit race without bodies who use hosts to get around) and learns about a secret cult known as Magfas. Amanda heads to the prison to deal with Sophia and Linda. Diana and Linda leave prison in different ways. Sophia leaves her body and joins the Kolk. Linda escapes from a hospital and later leaves her body to enter that of Amanda Lee's nurse, giving the Kolk access to the Magfas and the Pale Sisters. Amanda eliminates most of the rape squad except Olan Rawls who escapes. Diana gives birth to the third child, Cancer, to complete the Triad Queens of the Magfas. Now Amanda and the Magfas have the Pale Sisters, the Kolk have infiltrated the Magfas in the host body of Emily Pollar, Diana will be headed back in prison to be murdered, and Sheriff Olan Rawls, a former Magfas member, is out for revenge against Amanda Pale. Welcome to THE PALE SISTERS. Happy days! Bill

Diana Camp had been recovering for three days and was finally able to move about her sectioned-off part of the mansion. She had just finished dressing when Amanda Pale walked into the room.

"You know, you probably wouldn't break a nail if you knocked on a door before you entered," Diana said with a scowl.

"Pack your belongings quickly," came Amanda directly, disregarding Diana's snide remark. "You will be leaving immediately."

"Where is Mr. Edam?" she asked. "Or Mr. Sabre?"

"Neither can be bothered with you now," she snapped. "And this is my home and you are to leave at once."

"What about the baby?" she demanded, her maternal instincts overriding her knowledge that the child would never be hers.

"Pack now!" Amanda barked, and left the room in a huff.

Diana did pack what little she had and left by the back door. There she saw her BelAir sitting in the circle drive. The keys were in the ignition and an envelope was on the seat. Getting in she opened the envelope and found five thousand dollars. There was also an address of an apartment building in the city. She pulled away and headed for the uptown address.

She had no sooner settled in her room when there came a knock on the door. Opening the door she was knocked back by ambitious officers who grabbed and slammed her to the floor.

"Diana Camp," said one officer as he snapped the handcuffs on her wrists and behind her back. "You are under arrest for the murder of Bobby Nell."

The two officers raised Diana to her feet and began shoving her out of the room and to the elevator. She saw one of the men push her envelope with the five grand into his inner breast pocket. Knowing she had been set up and how thorough the Magfas was, she was probably already guilty and convicted before she ever left the mansion.
======================================


Ernesto Rivera was about to enter his shower when he heard a scream coming from his bedroom. Rushing out with his robe thrown open, he saw, standing by the young girl whom he had left lying in bed, Olan Rawls.

The thin, shapely, blue-eyed girl had pinned herself against the headboard and was pulling the sheet up around her naked body, until only her page-boy cut brown hair and reddened face were exposed.

"She's a real eye catcher there, Ernester," said the bearded, black-haired man with a slight smile. His partial grin was made menacing by the drooping brow over the eyeless socket in his head. "Bet 'er mama's happier 'n heck ya agreed ta babysit 'er."

Ernesto was frozen with shock. He had originally brought Olan Rawls into the Magfas seven years ago. He had him and three other genetically correct followers, Bobby, Whitey, and Lou, attached to Amanda Pale to perform the insemination and ritual of Sophia Pale. He knew that they would eventually be terminated, and had called in his marker on Michaels to get the job done. He was surprised when he heard that Michaels had been killed and that Rawls had disappeared. Now, he was in fear of his life that he knew was definitely in peril.

"What do you want, Rawls?" he asked, trying to cover, hoping the large, grotesque-looking man would believe that he knew nothing of the attempt on his life. "Where have you been? Why did you kill Whitey and that doctor at the hospital?"

Olan began to chuckle as he slowly moved away from the girl and around the bed. "Y'know," he said, as he passed around the foot of the mattress, "that big ol' boy what wrung Whitey's neck and tried killin' me, was loaded. By gum, he had a wad a hunna dolla bills -- woulda took a sack a kittens ta the bottom of a crick."

"What has that to do with me?" insisted Ernesto, still hoping to convince the black-haired ogre that he was unaware of any plot to kill him.

"Well'," Olan went on, "believe it or not, there was still room in that there wallet for a couple pictures a some ladies, and a wee litta address book."

Moving backwards slowly, Ernesto felt himself shaking as the huge man grew nearer.

"Guess whose name 'n number was right there on the first page a that there book?" Olan asked, as he came up on the shorter man, now pinned to the wall, beside the entrance to the bathroom.

Ernesto tried to form a word of any kind with his mouth, but couldn't.

Olan spun around to see that the naked girl was desperately trying to open the door of the bedroom to get out. She looked back over her shoulder to see Olan quickly moving towards her, with Rivera, under his arm in a neck lock, in tow.

She tried to scream, but a slap across the head from Olan's hand sent her to the floor dazed.

Olan reached down and grabbed the girl's arm, then dragged her back to the bathroom door. Picking her up to her feet, he pushed her, still dazed, into the washroom.

"Ya bes' lock that there door, Litta Missy," warned Olan, " les ya wanna end up ahurtin' like ol' Nester here."

The girl grabbed the door with both hands and slammed it shut. Olan heard the lock close behind it.

"Looks like it's jes you 'n me, Amigo," Olan said, as he pulled the trembling man up to face him. "What say we have us a time."



 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.