General Science Fiction posted September 14, 2013 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Victor and Vincent

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Chiffon

by Bill Schott


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.
Sophia Pale was brutaly assaulted and her husband murdered. She became pregnant and moved in with her aunt, Amanda. One year later she was kidnapped by the same men again; raped in a bizarre ritual, and then arrested for murder. She was sent to prison and had another child. Amanda had adopted Sophia's children. Sophia met Diana in prison. Sophia and Diana are both sexually assaulted together in a similar ritual. Sophia met Linda of the Kolk and learned some things. Amanda headed to the prison to deal with Sophia and Linda. Diana and Linda left prison in different ways. Sophia left her body and joined the Kolk. Linda escaped from a hospital and later left her body to enter that of Amanda Lee's nurse, giving the Kolk access to the Magfas and the Pale Sisters. Diana gave birth to the third child, Cancer, to complete the Triad Queens of the Magfas. What the members of the Magfas don't know, is that Cancer is Kolk.

Victor Edam pondered the future as he and his son sat on the veranda and chatted. It had been a long road to where he was now. The dog eat dog world of the engineering business was one where Victor Edam, twenty years ago, had been a puppy.

After ten years in an engineering firm, he had tried to strike out on his own. He believed he had the ideas and know-how, but he lacked the inside track to the power people who made things happen. He needed assets and influence and had neither.

Then he met Chiffon Basil. She was a fine looking woman who possessed many qualities, not the least of which was a twenty million dollar inheritance and connections to insiders of industry. He romanced her until they finally married. Within a couple of years Victor Edam was a player in the industry and Chiffon was the mother of a healthy son.

Vincent had been sent to all the proper schools and had every opportunity given to excel. He responded well to all that he was exposed and developed into a well-rounded, highly intelligent, young man.

Chiffon Edam had always adored her son, but had fallen out of love with her husband many years ago. Once Vincent graduated from preparatory school and matriculated to Harvard, she made her divorce plans known to Victor. That is where Raleigh Sabre came into the picture.

Victor had met Raleigh as a teen when he entered the Magfas. He felt they were relatively good friends and shared many of their problems and solutions with each other. This was a problem about which Victor had approached Raleigh.

"She is still quite attractive, Raleigh, and I suspect there are men sniffing around already," said Victor, commiserating at Sabre's office.

"Where will you be left if she dumps you now?" asked Raleigh.

"I'm a realist, Raleigh," Victor said. "The Old Money that Chiffon connects me to controls many of the decisions for future considerations of one company or another. Without her as a visible sign of a link to that money, I don't feel that I would survive long. It's not that I really need her personally, as much as her public support and social appeal." 

"My advice to you is simple," said Raleigh, looking out a large window in his office. "Kill her."

Victor was not shocked to hear this from Raleigh. Eliminating people was something that Sabre did with alacrity and frequency. This was different though. He wrestled with the idea for a week until he contacted Sabre with the go-ahead. Way ahead on the plan, Raleigh already had an elevator pulley tampered with to simulate a manufacturing flaw. He had followed the expected ripple of insurances and suits until all had been prearranged to pay off when Mrs. Edam had her freak accident.

"Be out of town this weekend, Victor," directed Raleigh over the phone. Victor took the opportunity to visit Vincent at Harvard.

The next day, Raleigh called Chiffon.

"Well hello, Mrs. Edam," he said, greeting her over the phone. "Heard that Vic has gone off to visit Vinnie."  

"Really? I wondered where he'd disappeared."  

"I would like to see you for a chat at my office there in your town," he said.  "Remember it?"

"Well, yes, Raleigh. I do recall that office.  I'll see you at eight, perhaps."

"It's a date at eight," he said. "I'll see you there."

 When she arrived at the top of the twenty-eight story high rise and walked into Raleigh's private office, she was wearing a floor-length mink coat that she held together in the front with her hands. Once in the door, and seeing Raleigh was alone, she parted the coat to reveal that she was totally naked.

Chiffon and Raleigh had been having an on and off affair for years, but it had been four years since he was last with her.  None the less, they went a round on the bed in the adjoining office and Raleigh brought her to orgasm as Victor had never been able to do.

Later, Raleigh had clothes sent up for her to wear and had promised to meet her later at the apartment he kept downtown. She left by the elevator which, after reaching the twentieth floor, was sent free falling to the basement below.

Victor returned that afternoon to the news that his dear wife had been tragically killed in an elevator accident. He had successfully sidestepped his marital woes and continued in good stead with his contemporaries.

He was experiencing the greatest potential success of his career. This government contract was one that he felt would place his company firmly at the top of the industrial ladder. Along with the knowledge that the Magfas had provided, of the coming escalation of this Vietnam police action, and the probabilty of a nuclear deterent, he would become the premiere engineering industrialist in the world.

There was also Vincent, his real pride and joy above all else. He was delighted that his son had become such a fine young man. There was nothing he would not do for the boy. Nothing.

 



Recognized


Thanks to SirPurr for the photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.