General Science Fiction posted September 14, 2013 Chapters:  ...16 17 -18- 19... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The doctors have a secret.

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Afterbirth

by Bill Schott


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.
Sophia Pale was brutaly assaulted and her husband murdered. She became pregnant and moved in with her aunt, Amanda. One year later she was kidnapped by the same men again; raped in a bizarre ritual, and then arrested for murder. She was sent to prison and had another child. Amanda had adopted Sophia's children. Sophia met Diana in prison. Sophia and Diana are both sexually assaulted together in a similar ritual. Sophia met Linda of the Kolk and learned some things. Amanda headed to the prison to deal with Sophia and Linda. Diana and Linda left prison in different ways. Sophia left her body and joined the Kolk. Linda escaped from a hospital and later left her body to enter that of Amanda Lee's nurse, giving the Kolk access to the Magfas and the Pale Sisters. Diana gave birth to the third child, Cancer, to complete the Triad Queens of the Magfas.

Dr. Norris had conferred with both of his associates about the issue of this new baby, Cancer Pale, and the additional complexities of the birth that were not fully explained to the 'parents'.

"I am deeply concerned over the overt, radical behavior of Mrs. Pale," he said. "Her total lack of concern for the natural mother leads me to believe that this newborn infant and Miss Camp are both in peril. I believe we should inform the authorities of this situation immediately."

"Agreed," said Dr. Hite, as Dr. Goshin concurred with a nod.  They planned to jointly approach the local police department as well as the FBI.  

Dr. Norris added, "I believe it would be in the best interest of all that no mention of the oddity of the childbirth be reported to the family."

Shaking his head in agreement, Dr. Goshin examined the gleaned fetal tissue of the small frame. The remaining afterbirth would be given the routine inspection. None of them had ever seen anything like it before. A Siamese twin had died just prior to birth and had begun to detach itself from its sibling. So detached, that the minor scar left on the surviving twin was not uncommon to a regular single birth.

"I fear," said Dr. Norris, "that anything out of the ordinary may set the Pale woman against the infant."   He removed the deceased fetus from the remaining uterine waste and placed it in Dr. Hite's bag.

All three doctors checked the young mother over again before they left. They proceeded for the rear entrance of the mansion where an extended limousine was waiting in the back court.

Each had been picked up from their respective offices early the previous morning. None had an opportunity to contact their families or associates to tell them of their whereabouts.

The vehicle pulled away and was followed off the estate by a white paneled van. In the van were two men, two guns, and two shovels. 

 



Recognized


Thanks to Keri353 for the picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.