General Fiction posted September 8, 2013 Chapters:  ...15 16 -17- 18... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A third sister is born

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

A Pale Sister

by Bill Schott

Synopsis up to now:

Sophia Pale is brutally accosted and her husband murdered. She becomes pregnant and moves in with her aunt, Amanda. One year later she is kidnapped by the same men again; raped in a bizarre ritual, and then arrested for murder. She is sent to prison and has another child. Amanda has adopted Sophia's children. Sophia meets Diana in prison. Sophia and Diana are brutalized again in a similar ritual. Sophia meets Linda of the Kolk and learns some things. Amanda heads to the prison to deal with Sophia and Linda. Diana and Linda leave prison in different ways. Sophia leaves her body and joins the Kolk. Linda escapes from a hospital and later leaves her body to enter that of Amanda Lee's nurse, giving the Kolk access to the Magfas and the Pale Sisters.

It had been six months since the attack at the music hall, and Amanda Lee had doubled the security throughout the estate. Her daughters never left the grounds again, and as soon as the third child was born, the Irsdon could be initiated.

A maternity and delivery room had been built into the west wing of the mansion. Diana Camp was going through a second day of labor.

Having finished his studies and obtaining a degree in corporate law, Vincent Edam was visiting once again and staying in the east wing.

"Vincent, I can't tell you how wonderful it is having you back here with us," said Victor, as he greeted his son in the hallway, outside the breakfast area.

"So good to be done and ready to start."

"There are nothing but opportunities and horizons ahead now, son. Let's see what's good to eat."

"Amanda seems fairly distracted these days," said Vincent. "I'm not sure my arrival has registered too highly with her."

"She has thrown herself into some negotiations that are touch and go right now."

"I wanted to also apologize about whatever happened a few months ago with your secretary."

"No need for that, Vincent. I overreacted. Diana Camp is having the baby of an influential foreign dignitary and her employment as my secretary is one of convenience. Your becoming involved with her would present a myriad of problems that could jeopardize very delicate negotiations and future plans."

He had accepted the story at face value and didn't press his father further. He knew that many industrial dealings could be built like a house of cards and easily toppled with an unplanned movement.

Vincent and his father had always been very close; even more so after the passing of his mother. She had died in a freak elevator accident several years ago. A cable pulley had apparently broken from its mount and the car traveled down twenty floors to the basement of one of Winston Lee's office buildings. An investigation proved that the mechanism was faulty. The following lawsuit and insurance totaled over ten million dollars. It had been put in a trust fund for Vincent to take control of on his thirtieth birthday.

Diana's labor had lasted thirty-six hours until the baby was finally born. The infant girl was quickly cleaned up and examined by the three doctors in attendance. She was then placed in the arms of Amanda Lee.

"At long last," she said softly, slowly rocking the crying newborn. "The prophecy has come to being."

"There are only a few months to prepare," stated Raleigh Sabre as he examined the infant through its wrappings. "And a hundred items to be worked out."

"But aren't all of the coils emplaced?" asked Cy Blaise, looking back and forth between Raleigh and the baby.

"Yes," he ensured. "The right people are in the right places. There are, however, many subordinate factors to cement, and even more incidental ones. Everything has to be perfect for the Irsdon to reach its full potential. "

"When is the critical time?" asked Ernesto Rivera, who had been listening to the conversation.

"The offensive will begin in exactly one hundred and eighty-two days," he explained. "It will reach its peak six days later."

"Then the position of the planets and stars will be in alignment," added Amanda, "and the Triton will be the receptor of a galactic power that will sweep up the natural laws of time and space and place them in the control of the Magfas."

They all smiled and walked to the door to retire to their rooms. Amanda placed the infant in the arms of the nurse and instructed her as to what she wanted done. The elderly woman left the room with the infant.

One of the doctors stepped up to Amanda with a document.

"Here is the certificate of birth," he stated, "but I have a question about the name."

"What is it?" questioned Amanda, with a defensive tone in her voice and a look of objection for the presumed query. "Her name reflects the sign of the zodiac in which she was born, as do my other two girls."

"That aside," he continued. "You had said the last name would be Pale. Before I fill it in -- Isn't the mother's name Camp?"

"I am her mother!" snapped Amanda. "I have decided to use my maiden name, so the girls will all be the same. Diana Camp is no more than an incubator for one of the Queens of the Magfas. Her existence is meaningless and of no concern whatsoever."

The doctor, visibly shaken, handed the paper to Amanda and stepped back into the delivery room. Amanda could see him conferring with the other two physicians. The three turned away when they noted her gaze through the window.

Amanda knew that steps had already been taken to dispense with the trio of doctors once their usefulness had passed. It had. Whatever foreboding they had with the infant, or her, would disappear as they would. They would be erased from the world with no connection linking any acquaintance with anyone of concern.

Smiling to herself, she examined the birth certificate.


[MOTHER]......................................... Amanda Pale

[FATHER]........................................... Winston Lee

[DATE OF BIRTH]............................... June 30, 1967

[CHILD'S NAME]................................. Cancer


 



Recognized


Photo from funologist.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.