General Science Fiction posted August 26, 2013 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Jim left her alone with Gregg, she was scared to death

A chapter in the book Disappearance of Gregg

Alone with Gregg Again

by wierdgrace

I was petrified to enter the house.

Gregg's head could not be seen from the window or door. I puttered around my flowers for a while and then silently went in. I saw where Gregg had put a chair up to the window, and stood on it to make himself appear tall. But, I don't think Jim seen him anyway.

After that no one stopped at the house. After a week, Gregg was only two feet tall. I thought, he can't hurt me now, but still, afraid to leave. He still could be strong as an ox.

I heard the moving of a chair in the bedroom one morning. I had been sleeping on the sofa at night. I opened my eyes and watch as he came out. He had wrapped a towel around himself and was on his way out to fill up on the dirt, which he ate steadily then.

I had sneaked into the bedroom each morning, when he went out the door, and hurriedly searched for the truck keys, but to no avail. I couldn't find our cell phones either. He would be out only a few minutes, so I was afraid and unable to search thoroughly. This went on for days.

I hoped when he failed to go to work on Monday, that Jim would come back. I felt sure that since my husband had become so small, he would not come out again.

Monday passed, and the following Wednesday, I lay waiting for Gregg to come out of the bedroom. This time I was going to try and speak to him.

It had been hours since daylight, and still no Gregg. I heard no sound, so I went to the kitchen and decided to cook pancakes. It was the only food left; all the meat had been used, and I couldn't go out to shop. Previously, Gregg and I went to town on Friday night, and replenished our kitchen.

I choked my pancake down; as I knew I needed to keep up my strength, for whatever was to happen next. I felt like a prisoner. Was I losing my mind? I had, for the past few days, spent the entire time in my garden; anything to keep from thinking about the unnatural scene going on in our home.

At eleven o'clock that morning, I could endure it no longer. I sneaked up to the bedroom door and stood with my ear against it for a few minutes. There was no sound, so with my heart in my mouth it seemed, I silently opened the door.

I rubbed my eyes and looked again. The bed was empty and Gregg was gone!




first draft. danjaavoo. thank you for your picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. wierdgrace All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
wierdgrace has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.