Horror and Thriller Science Fiction posted August 25, 2013 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Trisha begs Jim to stay

A chapter in the book Disappearance of Gregg

Jim, Gregg's Friend Stops By

by wierdgrace



Background
willie, thank you for your Art.
At every sound I heard from the bedroom, I jumped to a sitting position in alarm. I must have dropped off in a sound sleep toward the morning, then awoke with a start, for when I looked around I saw that the bedroom door was open. I walked over and looked in. The bed was empty!

With my heart pounding madly, I looked out the front window. The sight that met my eyes was unbelievable. My husband was standing by the walk in the front yard, holding handfuls of dirt to his face, licking and eating it. He closed his eyes, raised his head skyward and licked his lips, like he had just enjoyed a turkey dinner with all the trimmings.

He then went over to the well, drank water out of a bucket then poured more over his head and body. His trousers, which had fitted him perfectly, were dragging on the ground; he looked like a boy about eight years old, dressed in his father's clothing.

Suddenly he turned and started toward the house. I ran back, lay down and closed my eyes. I could hear him enter, and then I heard the bedroom door close. For the rest of the morning all was quiet until Jim, the straw boss, stopped by that afternoon.

When I saw his truck coming I ran out to meet him, so glad and thankful that someone was here to tell. Jim stopped and got out of his truck.

"Hi Trisha, how is Gregg today?"

I burst into tears.

Jim looked at Trisha confused. What is wrong? Is Gregg worse?"

Jim was a six foot-four, husky, red head, strong man. But, right then his face was snow white, causing his freckles to show up prominently.

He repeated, "Is it Gregg?"

I was crying so hard, I couldn't speak. Nothing would come out but my tears.

Suddenly a voice roared from the house, "Trisha! Come into this house immediately! Don't pay any attention to her, Jim. She is all upset because I won't go to the doctor. It's this dam poison oak. I'll be all right by next Monday. See you at work."

Jim stood there, looking at me, and then toward the house, waiting to see if Gregg was going to come to the door. He didn't know what he should do.

I took a breath, "Please Jim, don't leave! I am scared. Look at me." Tears were still running down my face.

Gregg yelled again, "Trisha, I said, Come in here now. I need you."

Jim said, "Anything I can help you with Gregg?"

"No thank you Jim, Trisha is all I need right now. See you Monday."

Jim, with a sheepish look, said, "See you later, Trisha. Call me if you or Gregg needs anything."

He stepped into the truck and as he drove off, yelled back at Gregg. "Take it easy, ole man. We have everything under control at the job, so get over this. See you soon."




What is next...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by willie at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. wierdgrace All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
wierdgrace has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.