Horror and Thriller Science Fiction posted August 25, 2013 Chapters: Prologue 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My life started changing before my eyes

A chapter in the book Disappearance of Gregg

Afraid,

by wierdgrace



Background
thank you for your art,WendyG, still looking for the perfect one.
I was afraid. I felt the panic arising in me. We had an old pickup truck which was sitting in the yard.

I never had learned to drive, but I thought, "Gregg doesn't know what he is doing. Maybe the poison oak has turned inward and affected his mind."

Still, I was unable to understand his shrinking.

I was about out of my mind with worry and fear; so distracted, I was unable to decide what to do, yet I knew I must do something fast, before my husband dies, as I could see him fading before my eyes.

I picked up the truck keys lying on the table, went out, climbed in and turned the key, then stepped on the pedal. Just then the door flew open --- and there stood Gregg.

His eyes were red and furious. He reached in, pulled me bodily from the truck and threw me on the ground. Then he turned off the motor and put the keys in his pocket.

As I lay on the ground he stood over me, with a truly murderous expression on his face; I was petrified.

In a voice quivering with hate, he threatened me, "If you ever try to take my truck, or resist me in any way, I will kill you!" He raised his foot and kicked me as I lay there.

Pain was throughout my body. I couldn't move if I wanted too. I even had trouble breathing.

With a quick turn he left me lying there and re-entered the house.

I picked myself up, slowly, brushed the dirt off and slowly, with tears streaming down my face, went back into the house. As usual Gregg had gone into the bedroom, but I noted that as he had passed through, he kicked a chair which was lying in a broken heap in one corner of the room.

The phone was broken, and I couldn't find my cell phone. Not sure if I would have called the police at that point. I was scared.

I was afraid to sleep in the same bed with him. He didn't leave the bedroom to so much as eat. I lay on the couch; my eyes swollen yet open all night.




first draft working on edits at night, thank you for your patience.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. wierdgrace All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
wierdgrace has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.