General Science Fiction posted August 18, 2013 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Decisions made about the bodies.

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

The Kolk

by Bill Schott

The story up to now:
Sophia Pale has been widowed (her husband was murdered while she was raped; a few months later having a baby), kidnapped (a year later by the same men who'd killed her husband and raped her), raped again (while witnessing another murder) arrested for murder ( having been framed by the real perpetrators (in what is appearing to be an organized effort) imprisoned (losing her daughter and giving birth to another in prison, which was taken away) witness to murder and raped again in prison (by the same people), and has met two women (one, Diana, who was a friend, but was at the latest murder and rape as a killer, and another, Linda, a strange new person who speaks to her without talking. Now, she's been found dead in her cell, Diana has been pardoned (and sent to work for the Magfas), and Linda is in a coma.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linda McCoy was still asleep in the infirmary as the body of Sophia Pale was being examined by the county coroner.

"What is the cause of death, doctor?" asked the Warden.

"Unknown right now," replied the coroner. "The only thing that I CAN tell you at this point is that she was recently raped."

"That's impossible!" claimed the Warden. "She had never been taken out of the population since she'd been here."

"I'm not debating this point with you, Warden," the Coroner said. "The woman was raped within the last twenty-four hours. This has nothing to do with her death, that I can see, but the fact remains."

"What about this one?" asked the Warden, wanting to drop the subject and indicating the unconscious woman in the next room. "Is she in a coma or what?"

"To some degree, yes," he answered. "She needs to be evacuated to a regular facility so she can be monitored better."

"I've already made the arrangements to have her transported to city hospital," stated the Warden. "She'll be out of here the first thing in the morning."

--------------

"
Ohhh Jay," sighed Sophia. "I'm so happy to be with you again."

"I've always been with you Sophie," replied Jay. "Now we can always be with each other."


"It seems pointless to be trapped in those fleshy cages so long.   Especially when this is so grand. Why is it this way? Why are we left to be confined in those limited bodies, when freedom like this exists?"

"We need to interact with others on a utilitarian plane," he replied. "There are goals to be accomplished in the physical world that cannot be completed otherwise."

"So you have been my protector since we were children?" she asked, only then realizing it."

"Yes," he affirmed, "but an ineffective one as it turned out. I was little help when the Magfas made their move towards you."

"It was horrible, Jay! I'm so glad to be free of it all at last."

"We will need to go back in," said Jay. "but it will be as a collective; we return as the Kolk"

"Back into my old body?" she asked.

"No,'" he answered. "We are allowing that shell to be returned to the natural elements of the soil. When the Kolk assembles, it will be in the body of Linda McCoy."

"Where is Linda?" asked Sophia.

"I am here," said Linda. "We are all here, always."

"So, if you're not in your body now, is it dead?"

"I have left the spark of life in it," she replied. "We will reenter her shortly."

"We will all be together then?" asked Sophia.

"We are always together Sophia," stated Linda. "It is only the exterior environment that misdirects our organic being away from the astral plane that we are all capable of experiencing. If it is not reintroduced, it will have to exist just beyond the consciousness until the physical host is exhausted."

"When do we reenter Linda's body?"

"As soon as it is removed from the prison," 


 




Picture from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.