General Fiction posted August 17, 2013 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a death

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Cell

by Bill Schott



Background
Sophia Pale has been widowed, raped, kidnapped, raped, arrested for murder, imprisoned, witness to murder, raped in prison, and has met a strange new person who speaks to her without talking.
The lights came on in the cell block and two guards, male and female, began their morning rounds. One was only a few steps onto the main ladderway when she noticed the hair between the bars straight ahead. Running to the barred door of the containment unit she saw two motionless women at both ends of the cell. The other guard called for backup and alerted security; the door was opened and she checked the two women for vital signs.

"This one is okay I guess," she reported to the other. "But there's no pulse in this one; she's cold as a stone."

"Main this is 51 on Block 5," the guard with the radio stated. "Confinee 2376542 is in need of immediate medical attention."

"Roger 51," was the response.

"Confinee 7242921 appears to be dead," he continued. "Request Med Tech report to the scene to make the call."

"Roger 51, break," the officer on the other end continued. "The Warden wants to know the proper names if you've got 'em. He's already on the phone with the suits."

The male guard looked to the female guard and raised his eyebrows to put the question.

"Yeah," she said, "I know their names. This one is McCoy and this one is Pale."

"Main, this is 51, break," he went on. "The names are McCoy and Pale. Pale is the one who's dead."


 



Recognized


Thanks to Bertodi for the drawing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.