Horror and Thriller Fiction posted August 13, 2013 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sophia begins a bizarre journey.

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Sophia

by Bill Schott


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.


Background
This story is being revised chapter by chapter. I will try to keep them promoted and going along quickly. Please wait until I promote them, as I am editing as I go to improve on the first drafts.

It was getting difficult for Sophia Pale to breathe with the weight of the man continually pressing down. She had been in this position before; the back of her late husband's '61 Bel Air, dress up to her armpits, and a male drinking partner atop her trying to reach a climax.

The car was only three years old and was all there was left to remind her of her husband. Jay Pale had been her childhood sweetheart; they married the day after her eighteenth birthday.

Her life before now seemed like a distant dream. Her parents both died in a car wreck when she was still an infant. She had been in the car when it ran off the highway and rolled several times. According to rescuers, she survived for the four days that it took for the wreck to be discovered. Sophia's mother's arms had remained around her, even in death, and had to be wrenched open in order to free the child from their embrace.

Sophia was raised by Joseph and Fay Pale, along with a young boy named Jay, whom they had adopted only three years earlier. They were considering adopting Sophia, but the sudden death of Joseph Pale from a heart attack changed those plans.

Mrs. Pale raised Sophia for several years, and the girl had become very close to her playmate and friend Jay. It was no surprise to anyone when he, at the age of fifteen, announced that he was in love with her and would someday marry her. It was only two years later that he had actually popped the question and they set the date to wed. Those plans almost changed when Fay Pale was found to have died in her sleep a month before the wedding.

With his mother's passing, the fact that Jay and Sophia were living alone together would no doubt have raised some eyebrows, so the wedding was performed the very next Saturday, with only the bride and groom and justice of the peace in attendance. Jay wore his father's favorite black suit, which fit his six-foot-two-inch frame well. His dark brown eyes and naturally dark complexion hinted of some African or Indian ancestry, despite his locks of wavy blond hair.

Sophia wore Fay's blue print dress with a white cap and half veil. The veil could not hide the soft brown eyes that Jay had always gotten lost in. Her auburn hair was up in a bun, instead of her usual pony tail, and at five-foot-three inches she filled the spring dress with her fully developed young form.

That first night together, as husband and wife, had been the consummation of a lifelong dream. The two lovers experienced the sublime emotional and physical release that they had only imagined for so many years. It was to them, like their first walk through their own Garden of Eden. Everything was new and unspoiled. Everything, from that point forward, would be heaven on earth. That walk ended only twenty-four hours later.

Jay was working at the automotive plant in the city, where he had a shift supervisor's billet. He had been recently transferred to another plant and would  begin work the week after his marriage. He never reported.

On the first night after their wedding, the couple had been attacked outside their small, rental house. Sophia had been knocked to the ground. She heard Jay's muted screams as he was wrestled to the ground and stabbed repeatedly.

The men grabbed her and dragged her into her house, and into her bedroom, where she spent the second night in her marriage bed being raped by four men.

Police found Jay the next morning and Sophia soon after. The four men were never identified and were assumed to be from somewhere else. No investigation followed, and Jay was buried with only Sophia and Jay's aunt, Amanda, standing by the grave.

Sophia faced a cruel world. She had long hoped to marry Jay, and had seen herself as a housewife. Now, a widow and carrying a child within her, she needed to find work in order to survive.

She found employment in the local tavern as a barmaid, and spent her days popping caps, washing glasses, fending off the roaming hands of the patrons, and drinking. Usually, by the time her day was done, she was tipsy enough to accept the last offer of the evening to escort her home. These chivalrous deeds were often repaid by being mounted by the escort, in her own bed.

After six months, no one offered to walk her home much anymore, as she was quite noticeably 'with child'. She was let go from the tavern and soon spent what little money she had saved on booze. Not able to pay the rent, she was evicted from the home in which she had dreamed of beginning her married life. She drove the Bel Air to the city and was taken in by her husband's only relative, his maiden aunt, Amanda Pale.

Amanda was in her forties, a very attractive woman with a firm, shapely figure and deep red hair.  She had always been interested in the occult and the power of the zodiac. This alienated her from most everyone. Her work as a librarian gave her many resources of information in those areas. She lived a Spartan, single existence, and was ecstatic to have Sophia move in.

Sophia gave birth in Amanda's house in early September and was the mother of a girl. The child was named Virgo, in honor of the zodiac date. After the birth, Sophia found employment in another bar and soon took up her old routine. Amanda became concerned that young Virgo was being ignored and asked Sophia to spend more time at home. Sophia's depression over her lot in life was growing, and she began spending her evenings in the backseat of the Bel Air with the gentleman of the day.



 



Recognized


There is sex and violence in this story which are essential to the plot.

Image from Google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.