Biographical Non-Fiction posted March 13, 2013 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
... that I am !

A chapter in the book Testimony:

Prisoner

by Bicpen


Once grace had come to my soul I was filled with the Holy Spirit, life was different. The hand of the creator was seen in everything. There was nothing he could not do and no power could stop him.

His power was not forged on this earth and, as such, no man or being could confine his power. He confined me. I was his prisoner. A prisoner is, a person kept in confinement held in another's grasp.

He had me bound with the cords of love. He had me confess my sins. He put me on trial and found me guilty. Now that I was forgiven he imprisoned me in his love … let the sighing of the prisoner come before thee; according to the greatness of thy power preserve those that are appointed to die.

I was now a captive stripped of my unworthiness and clothed in ... garments of salvation and robes of righteousness. He had delivered me and now he would use me.  

The purpose of a prisoner is to rehabilitate them. This is so they conform to the society they live in. I was now a pilgrim of heaven and as a citizen I had to learn it's customs and it's language. Patience was one of the first lessons, amongst others, I am still learning.

I learned to wait on the Lord for my direction and instruction. Whilst waiting I had the scriptures opened to me by the Holy Spirit and the preachers of righteousness. I learned enough to know the Lord was now my Master and I was his servant.

Looking to Christ for help and strength I was able to pray. With prayer we are equipped for this cruel world and all our enemies. To pray was a joy that I had never experienced before but now it was a daily privilege.

God was showing me the error of my sins and the vain thoughts that had deluded me. Instead of these my mind and my heart were now opened to the beauty and wonder of heaven. Calvary was my cage.

I was fed with the bread of life and living waters. If ever I wanted to escape this prison I had a crucified saviour to gaze at. If you are like me that is one sight that is able to turn the hardest convict to tears, I pity the man that does not feel the lash upon his brothers back.

The story of Christ and his life made me realize the wrong and hurt I had caused him through my rejection of his truth. Now, in his company, I was made to feel that only through him could I change. I had. I no longer cared for the familiar vices or addictions and never was his name as sweet as it was now.  

Would I ever leave this prison? I hoped not. The alternative has no real attraction ... therefore hath hell enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their pomp and he that rejoiceth shall descend into it. Hell, that is where I had been. I no longer cared for its hopeless despair and destructive falsehoods besides there was no Christ there.

Now was my correction to begin and as a student of grace I cared to do well. I walked as I talked and once again when I was unsure or dissatisfied I looked to Christ ... the lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

When my walk was faint and weary I asked if he would carry me. When he gave me strength I marched in his footsteps taking the heat out of the sin still dwelling in mine. When I lost the way he gave me a lamp. When I left the path of righteousness in his love he guided me to the steps of faith once again. When I stumbled his arms pulled me from my unbelief. When I rested he comforted me.

 



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bicpen All rights reserved.
Bicpen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.