Children Fiction posted December 4, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Aiden learns a valuable lesson

A Cinderella for Me

by jmdg1954













" Aiden honey, don't run too far ahead of Grandma. I don't want to lose you in this big store . Mommy would be very mad with me. Anyway, we're almost at the toy aisle."

Aiden was so excited she wasn't confined to her stroller any longer. Rule 26.2A from the "Guide to Being the Funnest Grandma" handbook states ;
"when taking your first grandchild Christmas shopping, Grandma has the right to free the child from the confines of the stroller in order to provide said grandchild freedom to peruse the toy aisle at will."

Grandma followed the handbook and took her out just before they got to the toy section. Now able to charge through the toy aisle, her sight was set on a box with a Cinderella doll and accessories.

"Grandma, I like this toy.
Can you give this to Santa for me,
to bring to my house on Christmas
and put under our tree."

"We can write that toy on your Christmas list," Grandma said, "and we'll mail it to Santa, okay sweetie?"

"Grandma, I been good all year
Daddy said so himself,
If Santa is busy
do we give the toy to his Elf?"

"No, angel. Elves are Santa's helpers, only Santa can decide who gets which toy."

"Grandma, look...
Why is that little girl sad?
Is it because, maybe
she's been bad?

"No sweetheart, she's not bad. That's Mrs. Lowery's little girl, Avery. Her daddy is out of work. I guess they have no money for Christmas."

Aiden stood in the aisle holding a box nearly as big as she was, thinking about what her Grandma just said.

"Grandma?, I want Avery to have this.
Can we tell Santa Claus,
Bring it to her house on Christmas
and give to her because ..."

"I know sweetie, you already have one and you want her to have a gift on Christmas morning. Come give Grandma a hug. Your Mommy and Daddy will be so proud of you!"

With that, Aiden learned her first valuable Christmas lesson; it's fun to receive presents and toys, but it is more rewarding to give and make someone happy.





Recognized


Our granddaughter Aiden lives in Florida and we live in Jersey. Other then the few trips to Florida we see here grow via photos. There are some that inspire stories, this was one of them.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jmdg1954 All rights reserved.
jmdg1954 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.