Self Improvement Poetry posted October 10, 2012


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short poem

the sea

by jenzgriff2007

I lie here bobbing up and down over the little water ripples of the sea. Every so often though a bigger body of water rises me up and over it just like as if it was playing with me as a cat does a mouse. I am aware that I must respect the current surrounding - in which I am, indeed a mere insignificant grain of sand in comparison to its magnificent size. At any time it could be my last if I made one false move or it chooses to seize me. Knowing that I am a nothing to it and that it couldn't care less about me or my life I have a sudden, wrong if you will feeling in my mind body and soul that I can't regret to having. I find myself weighing up through this tingles of rushing adrenalin in my body, whether it is best to enjoy the last minute of my somewhat relentless bore of a life or to keep on my life's track, bored and unchanging for years to come, until I'm so decrepit the only thing interested in my existence will be the worms and earth awaiting my untimely demise. No I think I shall retreat myself back into the water and enjoy every minute at least until I need to return home!



5-7-5 Poetry Contest contest entry


just a short poem to start me off!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jenzgriff2007 All rights reserved.
jenzgriff2007 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.