Fantasy Poetry posted August 22, 2012


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Love Poem

Under the Pale Moonlight

by Druberry

UNDER THE PALE MOONLIGHT
A once bright lit sun, now the dawn of moonlight pierced the sky like rays through a broken window...I sat here on an old wooden bench aging with time high on the hillside overlooking the huge ocean and sharp rocks that seemed like small marble stones from where I sat.
My love and I would come here and sit together, cuddling. Holding each other and hoping neither of us lets go. The chilling winds brought us closer as we squeezed tightly for the warmth of our bodies. Those were precious unforgettable memories.
How long has it been? I sat here and wondered. The discoloring leaves dying from the harshness of the weather, it might have been years? Perhaps, a cruel reality I refused to accept. We loved each other and would often share the last loaves of bread together through stormy weather.
Nothing ever came between us.
The far whistling sounds of plastered canoe boats reminded me of the afternoon church bells where I had first met her. I watched as they settled at the docks after a long evening out a sea. The musty smell plaguing my armpits reminded me that I have not been home in a while.
She had gone to visit a relative in Maine. She mentioned that he was ill and she went to look after him; but now I am ill and she is not here to look after me. She promised that she would be back yesterday......Only, yesterday was five years ago.





Andrew O. Wray



5-7-5 Poetry contest entry


This poem was inspired by the by the author through his imagination
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Druberry All rights reserved.
Druberry has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.