Writing Poetry posted August 18, 2012


Average
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a small discussion of water shortage issue back in Jordan

What's life without water?

by Shahd Alsoud

When we say water, we say life! With water we purify ourselves from a hard work day, we plant the green horizons of our land and most importantly we extinguish the fire of our thirst and cook silence to our stomachs.
Recently worries have risen up to a state where water might become like an extinct animal!
To Jordan (my country), a naval name is scarcely spelt upon our tongues due to what we already suffer from: water sources' shortage! Our most famous sea is the Dead Sea, which is more of a tourist attraction and a therapeutic region than a water resource, unless the government spends more money of Jordan's economical budget on desalinating it. And although we have our southern city Aqaba lying on the Red Sea, but because it's shared with multiple countries & that the coast isn't much wide, we ended up having a small proportion of water to use in addition to being one of the poorest countries with water.
For and foremost, our brains and hands should make a move before it's too late and that is by making sensibility a priority while using water and letting our volition to change be the one to lead our behaviors towards water because if each individual depends on the other applying this, the water shortage issue will never be solved, but on the contrary it will exacerbate to becoming a drought.
Therefore, hand in hand, our Jordan can flourish once again, only if we get advantage of the mind our God gave us.
Written by: Shahd Al-Soud



5-7-5 Poetry contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Shahd Alsoud All rights reserved.
Shahd Alsoud has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.