Biographical Poetry posted May 29, 2012 Chapters:  ...56 57 -58- 59... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Lexi's take on her daddy's saying

A chapter in the book Dear Lexi

Literally Speaking

by Rdfrdmom2



Background
A book of letters and poems for my only grandchild, Lexi.
May 29, 2012

Dear Lexi:

Dancing and performing country songs for any of us willing to sit and watch you seems to be your newest method of calling attention to yourself. As a rule, however, this has to happen when the mood hits you and not so much when your mom and/or dad asks you to do it. I seem to remember your mom being the same way when she was your age, too.

We have all been referring to you as a silly, silly girl since you began this new phase. Every now and then, when I do something you find amusing, you say, "You're such a silly, silly nanny." Then we both laugh and go on with what we were doing.

Tonight, however, you took things to a higher level. Your mom called to tell me your latest shenanigans.

Apparently you were in another of your silly moods. As you kept doing things to make your parents laugh, your dad began saying you were a silly, silly, goofy, goofy girl. Of course, this just made you laugh more and do whatever you could to make mom and dad laugh, too. The more everyone laughed, the more you were told you were a
silly, silly, goofy, goofy girl.

A little later, your mom did something you thought was silly to which you stated, "Mommy, you're just a silly, silly, Donald, Donald girl." She and your dad almost wet themselves while laughing. Next, your mom became a silly, silly, Minnie, Minnie girl.

Oh, Lexi. I can tell already we are going to have to be very, very careful what we say to you or it just might come back to haunt us. It will also make life interesting as you teach us new ways to think about things. I can hardly wait!

                             Love you unconditionally forever,
                                               Nanny Jan







Recognized


Lexi takes things quite literally. This story is just one example, perhaps the funniest so far, of how that plays out. I wanted to capture it before we all forget it. A special thanks to babybloo for the use of MinneMousee to enhance this piece.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rdfrdmom2 All rights reserved.
Rdfrdmom2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.