Young Adult Poetry posted May 20, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I connected true life stories with fairy tales

Fairy tales

by Wala' Mansour


Here I am now standing in the middle of the road ... The road of my life without even knowing where to move or even why ... Shall I move right or shall I move left? What's the best for me? And what does every road hide for me?! Only the answers to these questions will define who I really am ...


All my life I wanted to do right things and act perfectly but moving on through life; right things seem to be very hard... If you are in a fairytale and you want to do what's right then you should act like saint, trust your prince charming and then your "happily ever after" will come along...
Every fairytale starts with "once upon a time" and ends with "happily ever after" ... No matter what, every good man turns to be a prince somehow... Every good deed you do will return in one way or another...
You never heard of a fairytale ending badly or that the good man dies! Well, if the good man dies in your fairytale then the ending you want will be ruined so he'd better not die!


We raise our children telling them bedtime stories every single night, expecting them to act like the hero not the villain ... Always telling them at the end " And they lived together happily ever after." ... so when they grow up and meet their prince charming, it'll mean the world to them because meeting the hero always leads to happy endings but what they don't know is that life is nothing like these fairy tales ... It always ends with " And they caused so much pain to each other, that made goodbye sound like a word of magic!!"


Yes, we choose a path and we spend our whole life walking on it not knowing whether it's the best for us or whether it's something we'll regret when reaching the end... Yet we still expect our lives to turn into a fairytale... An awesome fairytale that ends with "happily ever after" but that's a mission impossible; especially these days ... Yes, you'll meet your prince charming but he'll soon turn to be someone you don't even know, someone who will forget all about his promises and hurt you more than anyone in this world has ever done before!!

Sadly heroes don't exist anymore ... Love is just a lie that we like to believe in... Good people are exploited and good deeds are misunderstood, that's why we must raise our children on the fact that "every story has an end; even the most awesome ones"


Written By :
Wala' Mansour



5-7-5 Poetry contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wala' Mansour All rights reserved.
Wala' Mansour has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.