Children Fiction posted May 11, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a children's story

What's in a Name?

by playinaround

Dougy walked to the brand new school and as he entered his classroom, he looked to the front and saw the teacher, Miss Betty.  'She looks nice', he thought to himself as he took a seat in the back of the room. 

Miss Betty began Roll call...   

"Steven Marcus Lamb?" (here),
"Andrew Taylor Smith?",  (here)...  
"Susan Emily Martin?", (here)...   

And then, the moment of truth for Dougy...  
Miss Betty said: "Douglas Diarrhea Poopypants the third?"   

Before Dougy could even answer -- a hush fell over the classroom, followed by roaring laughter...   Shocked and embarrassed,  Dougy turned bright red.   Stevie pointed his finger at Douglas while gasping for air in hysterical glee, as he said.. 

"LOOK, HE GOT DIAPER RASH!"  Ha Ha Ha... 

The class erupted again. 

Miss Betty felt horrible as she watched Dougy shrink smaller and smaller.  She finally ordered the children back to their seats.

After class, Miss Betty took Douglas aside.  They sat on the steps outside the classroom while the other children played for recess. 

Miss Betty began.. "I understand that having a last name is important, but why would your Mommy and Daddy give you a middle name like Diarrhea? 

" Well", Dougy replied,  "I'm named after my Great Grandma  -- Princess Dianne and my Great Great Grandma, Queen Rrheana."    ----

"Oh, I see," said miss Betty.  Then She thought a minute and asked...  "Did the children in your last town tease you about your name? 

"Well", Dougy said, "No they didn't", as he holds back the tears..  "Poopypants is a very small town and"...   "Daddy owns it."  -- 

"I see", said Miss Betty. It sounds to me like you have a very upstanding family that you can be proud of.  "Do you know why everyone calls me Miss Betty?"


"Why" asked Dougy. 

"Well" she chuckles, "Can you keep a secret dougy?" 

"Of course", he replied. 

Miss Betty extended her hand to Dougy and as they shook firmly, she whispered in his ear... 

"Pleased to meet you,  My name is Betty Boti Bootybottom!" 

Still shaking hands, Miss Betty and Douglas looked at each other..  Dougy tried to hide a grin, which made Miss Betty break out into a laugh that could be heard by the whole school -- as they realized... 

What's in a name anyway. 

Then Miss Betty put her arm on Dougys shoulder as they returned to the empty classroom and said; "Dougy? Have you heard of a poem called "Rose is a rose is a rose?"


From that day on, Douglas Diarrhea Poopypants the Third and Miss Betty Boti Bootybottom became the very best of buddies :-)

The End


to be continued...




Recognized


lippi1, thank you for the fantastic artwork. I hope you are not offended by my little story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. playinaround All rights reserved.
playinaround has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.