General Fiction posted May 4, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A modern fable: Flash Fiction Contest

The Lonely Carpenter

by christianpowers












A long time ago, back before global warming, and even back before the internet, when some people still made lemonade from lemons, there lived a young carpenter named George who longed to find a wife.

Being alone in the world, George wanted desperately to find and marry his one true love so he could build a big house for her where they could both live and raise a family.

George worked hard all day and went out every night, searching the local discotheques and nightclubs for his one true love. He wore the latest fashions of polyester suits and platform shoes, learned how to dance like John Travolta, and met lots and lots of women.

Out of sheer desperation, George humped many of the women he met, but still could not find his one true love.

Eventually, George humped the wrong woman and his crotch became inflamed and itchy. He knew he had caught something, but was too embarrassed to see a doctor.

The following day at work George's nether region flared up and got unbearably itchy, but his hands were full and he was high up on a ladder. Out of desperation to stop the itching, George banged his crotch repeatedly against the ladder, and moaned loudly in relief.

At that very moment George's one true love just happened to be passing by on the street below. Hearing moans from above, she looked up and saw George humping his ladder. Horrified and disgusted, she turned and ran away, never to be seen or heard from again.

And the moral of the story is... 'Never hump anyone or anything out of desperation.'






Write A Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed. Be creative and have fun! Maximum word count: 300
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. christianpowers All rights reserved.
christianpowers has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.