Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 21, 2012 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 10... 


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The English Assignment continued.

A chapter in the book The English Assignment

The Devil lives in Mastic.

by keimosobie

This next part of the assignment I have never actually written, and I have only told this story to one person in my life and that's my wife. I must warn you this may be very upsetting to you.

It starts in my fourth grade elementary school class. My teacher is a very kind woman named Miss. Crabtree. She is a true Christian woman and she always taught the class about Jesus and God. Only after the class begged her to tell us about Jesus. I don't think anyone in our class really new about Jesus and who he was.

Miss Crabtree knew she wasn't supposed to teach us about religion and God, but she was a true Christian, and was willing to risk losing her Job to teach us about him.

She gave us many lessons and we were thankful to hear them. My parents did not go to church or believe in God, and I didn't know much about him. One day the teacher announced something unusual to the class.

"What if I told you someone in this class was going to sell his soul to the Devil."

Well everyone in the class of thirty something fourth graders wanted to know which one of us would actually do that. She asked us all if we wanted to know and we all said yes. She looked around the room and told ten of the kids to stand in front of the class.

I was one of the unlucky ten. " One of these ten will sell there soul to the Devil." she announced.  We all looked around at one another wondering who it could be. All of us thinking the same thing,' Well I certainly wouldn't do that.'

Then she began to tell one person at a time to sit down. I must say I was getting more than a little nervous as the numbers dwindled. Till finally there was two of us left. I ran to my seat not waiting for her to say who it was. She then announced to the whole class that it was me. She had just told me that I would one day sell my soul. Frightening thought for this fourth grader let me tell you.

I went to her during a break and I asked her if this was true. She must have been a prophet of some sort, because she kind of turned her head and looked far off into the distance and scanned through a few things. She than looked at me and said," yes it's true." I was hoping the dramatic fashion I had revealed this to you would change the outcome, but it has not.

She than said, "You will come and find me later on in life, but I won't be able to help you."

"How will I find you?", I asked.

"By the class picture", she said.

I pleaded with her," Isn't there anything you can do?"

She then did her far off looking/scanning the future and said, "No."

"You won't come and find me now since I have told you that."

I just looked at her imploringly and asked," Is that it am I'm doomed than".  She just looked at me and said,"he wont let you perish." I was not sure what that meant,  but it gave me some hope.

Well I must tell you I was more than a little nervous about the entire situation and I went home and told my mother what had happened.
I always told my mom everything because she was really smart and I trusted her and she told me not to worry about it, so I didn't.

I think my mom called the school and got the teacher in trouble too. The teacher was mad at me, but You can't tell an eight year old kid he is going to sell his soul and expect him to just be alright with it. Point is I believed her.

I think there is a lesson to be learned from this story, so I'm sharing it.
It is very hard for me to write and equally as frightening. I hope it is appreciated.







This chapter continues with. The Devil lives in Mastic part B.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. keimosobie All rights reserved.
keimosobie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.