General Fiction posted March 27, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
contest entry for April Fools

Miracle dog

by apelle

April Fools Contest Winner 

 
"Together with a team of German researchers and the help of the enlightened minds of a few Japanese scientists, the local research firm L.C.D.N, finally achieved through various genetic manipulations, a new breed of dogs. An exceptional race, which can identify by sniffing a person, any type of prior crime committed!   For example, if the dog's paw points straight, it means the subject took bribes. Furthermore, if the dog sniffs the subject left pocket, it means that he stole from the State; if he sniffs the right pocket, it simply means he stole from a civilian ... and so on ... “
 
 
 
Dear Friend,
 
 
 
All is well with me and I certainly hope the same is true for you,
 
The purpose of my letter however, is to bring you up to speed with the latest developments at our lab. The above headline was published in one of the national circulation papers.
 Because of my love and sweet memories I have for the town where I spent those wonderful years of my childhood and where my sweet grandmother was born and lived I can send you a sample of this wonderful genetically superior  race of miracle animals.
Think about the possibilities, Success is confirmed by numerous tests, and we hope will clean the world of criminals, in just a few years.
I send you my best wishes while impatiently waiting for your answer.
 
Your friend from childhood,
 
Tim B...
29 March 20...
 
 
 
Dear friend,
 
I received your letter last night, so this morning, as soon as I woke up, I headed out to the Village Hall with the letter and the good news.
By a wonderful coincidence, the mayor had his staff meeting scheduled that morning so every member of the town council was present.
You can imagine the happiness and utter bewilderment on their faces when I showed them the letter! Breathless with joy some even turned white and needed to be resuscitated because of the lack of air. When they recovered they started talking amongst themselves and unfortunately, after several hours of good discussions and debate, concluded that the town cannot assume the risk of receiving such a valuable specimen!
But, to help out with the project and despite these bleak financial times, they have gathered $20000 to send out to you...
All my best and I’ll be waiting for instruction to send the money.
With love, your friend from childhood,
 
George H.
 
1 April 20..
 
 
 
Dear friend,
 
I was very sorry to read your response.
Now, my dear friend, we can only hope for the next April 1. Our team will be ready to genetically create the next science miracle and save humanity from misdeed.
 
With love, your friend
 


Writing Prompt
Write the best April Fools Newspaper Headline ever. Then write a brief paragraph or two to elaborate. Any picture can be used, this picture is simply for fun. You are the newspaper editor so make it good.

April Fools
Contest Winner

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. apelle All rights reserved.
apelle has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.