General Poetry posted March 23, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
When one accepts their fate!

That one feeling

by Mike K2

We all had the moment, "Oh, shit!"
but was your life involved in it?

Just think of that moment of thought;
it's over, extra life?
Naught!

How can you change your fate,
with only seconds left,
yout thoughts turn to a spate.

How do I bring this finality down,
without killing my friends around?
It's bad enough if I lose my life,
but how to save those around me from strife?

Lord, be the presence bared at hand,
I hope it is my soul to you to land.

Damn!
I can't believe I walked out of the situation,
despite my climes, it will become my faithful inspiration!






No one has truly lived life, until in an instant they realize they will most likely die and willingly accept it. There have been only a few such times that this happened to me.

One time I was in the top of a cave about thirty feet from the floor and fell backwards. I pretty much figured it was all over, but the back pocket of my coveralls caught a cave formation and I was able to be uprigted and continue on my journey. Each time, something like this happens, it is a wonderful blast of faith occurs, yet the understanding that the next time you have that feeling, it may be your last. Yet you look at everything, and accept it.

I caught grief from a lot of people for my mountaineering, caving and the ardor of nature photography, yet it has been most dangerous for me crossing Harford Road, as that has racked up the most close calls in reference to my life. Hate to admit, one day I will die, but in the meantime I hope I don't get that attitude that will make me miss out on the finer things in life.

While the embed of this video was found on U Tube.com, according to Military.com the pilot was performing a maneuver known as, "Return to Target." (No definition found.) Despite the initial appearance of showing off, I wonder if he felt he had a problem. In any case, he had that, "Oh, shit!" moment and I believe something failed and he came in on autorotation. If everything goes well, there is still enough energy in the rotor blades to do a hard landing at the last moment. In this case, he landed it more like a plane. The pilot walked away with only bruises.

Personally, I think he knew he had a problem and wanted to land in a friendly forces area. His approach to the camp wasn't working out, so at the last minute he pulled up and decided to head away to keep from crashing on the camp.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.