Satire Fiction posted March 9, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Modern Fable

An Absurd Scenario for Artists

by apelle


 

The story starts with writers, composers, painters and all other artists waiting excited by the conveyor band in the Supreme Government Controlled Center for the Arts.
 
 The artists patiently waited in line. Most secretly harbored inner desires to transform the linear parameters they grew up with into enduring multidimensional binary masterpieces.
 
The painter needed a new chip for converting his paintings…something that would bring his drab colors to life and impress his audience.
 
The writer wanted two chips with extraordinary binary power...so powerful that his poem-writing program would merge with his prose-writing program to cross the pedestrian and produce immortal works.
 
The composer wanted to add twenty-four channels to his sound card…the rocker, to add a further ten decibels to the current hundred to create blusterous and invasive echoes and harmonies.
 
Policemen also waited. Next to them was parked an armored car filled with soldiers. The police came to transfer money from the United State Bank to the Ministry of Social Protection. The funds were needed to finance the Criticism and Negative Response Elimination project.
 
In fact, they were at the point of exchanging the money for their own chip. The new digital system gave them the opportunity to intercept brain waves emitted by an offender. For example, someone rejecting a new art project. The booing rebel would be in a stumbling state of confusion until the police could arrest him.
 
The data compiler loaded the software waiting in the data warehouse storage and turned it into a binary script. An electronic robot oversaw the entire process with laser eyes pushing a button to print each sheet of silicon, which then rolled out on a conveyer.
.
And the moral of the story is that to him, the situation did not seem absurd at all.

 

 

 
 
 
 

 
 



Write A Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed. Be creative and have fun! Maximum word count: 300

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. apelle All rights reserved.
apelle has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.