General Fiction posted December 27, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A fantasy of days in Heaven.

Heavenly Days

by fdgsr

HEAVENLY DAYS

 
As you know, I died and went to heaven. I never expected to die so young, but at 83 I guess I had enough time to get my experience in the mortal life. I lived through the Great Depression when it was never known when we would have a real meal of any substantial nutritional value beyond the space it occupied in the stomach. It is nice to no longer depend upon food and the other material things in the mortal world. Nothing here in Heaven has any material form or substance, though we experience truth as it is. When we need light, the light of reason illuminates anything we can think. We don't need heat, and do not have the same thing as cold and ice. They are but figments of truth that we only have to think about to experience. My FaceBook is not accessed by a keyboard, but by only thinking about it. Whatever I want to display, comes forth by immediate knowledge. All material things are just known, not sensed. This essay is being thought without the encumbrance of a computer. I don't need one. Truth is like Google, only faster and more accurate.
 
The floor of Heaven is like an illuminated glass plate. We can see through it by just realizing what is on the other side. I know that the other side of the floor is that part of Hell that uses some of the Heavenly realm. I know who is there and presume that they know who is in Heaven. The Hereafter is the same for Heaven or Hell, but those in Hell are aware of all they have done that got them there. Regret is felt, but not remorse, as they have come to accept their fate. They feel the pain of their own self-deception as due them and accept it. They do not experience anything by sensual perception, but do have knowledge directly without sensations. Same as in Heaven, except that we in Heaven have the direct knowledge of Truth and God. We communicate with each other and with those in Hell by thought alone. We also try to communicate with mortals, but it is difficult, as they do not have direct access to truth. Truth to me as a mortal was indirect through reasoning and mathematics. Those are hard to understand, let alone maneuvering through the layers of logic just to get at some basic idea of reality.
 
I saw Ghandi not long ago. I saw not in a physical sense but a direct knowledge of the person of Ghandi. Jesus is also here, but not as God as Christians believe. So are Muhammad and some prophets I never heard about in my mortal life. I was surprised to find some early prophets who were as aware of God as the ones we knew about in our mortal lives. There are no such persons as Adam and Eve. They are figments of truth that never occupied bodies as mortals. The stories about eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil are just constructions from presumptive evidence in early mortals. All living things know right from wrong and how to recognize the difference. We in Heaven know that directly as truth as it is, not true as we believe it to be. We do not have to reason anything, just know it.
 
One of the surprising things is that we even know future mortals who have not made it back to Heaven yet. The spirits of those not yet born have never experienced a mortal existence. They are here until they are conceived and born into a life form. They are not very different from us who have already lived. We know them because of their lack of the knowledge of pain and suffering. Even those destined to Hell after their mortal life are here. It is this Heavenly knowledge that punishes them in the thereafter they will live. They know that Heaven could have been their destiny, because destiny is not something determined at a moment of error, but is known moment by moment in Heaven before and Heaven after death. The ultimate reward of Heaven is to know we did not go to Hell. It is not true, as the Hindus believe, that a soul departs a dying person and enters a newborn person. The Heavenly souls, who have never lived as mortals, are as unique as those who have. Souls exist forever, as there is no such thing as time. They have always been. It is mortal life that has a beginning and an end because it is lived in an illusion of substantial being.
 
I know my mortal existence just as I know my spiritual being in Heaven. The effort to extract my knowledge of being from deficient sensual perception was a demanding experience. I used to sit for hours and just think. To get through the most rigorous logic and math was a chore. I attended college and got a graduate degree. Yet, I never knew for sure what I did know. I had to change it day in and day out as I lived. I remember the feeling of frustration of wanting to know, but having to search through the layers of mental concepts until I found some that fit the logic and math used by mortals. We in Heaven know all we need to know without all that work and effort. That does not mean that we know everything, just what we need to know or have a deep feeling for.
 
I know my mother and father better now that we are all in Heaven than I could ever have known them in our mortal experience. They also know me better. I am appreciated beyond any expected honor in life. I was surprised to know that my father even knew about my children born after he died. That was a surprise as I had always wished that he could have known them before he died. I am reminded of the passage in the Qur'an about those in Paradise who experience anything their heart desires. Unfortunately, one French man interpreted that as having the services of 72 perpetual virgins. French men! It found its way into more than one English version of the Qur'an causing extreme misunderstanding of the concept of Paradise as imagined by The Prophet. The Prophet was mortal so he could only imagine from his prior Heavenly being with a mortal veil of uncertainty. Now The Prophet knows it as well as I do now.
 
Please know that I intend to continue to attempt to communicate with you and anyone else who has the best life of a mortal that can understand Heavenly truth. Those of you who do not understand truth or who would argue with me as though I am a mortal might as well just click out of this site because there is nothing here for you. I do not hold anything against any mortal. It is God who takes care of that. I did have some idea when I was a mortal that I had to enlighten people to truth, as I knew truth. Fortunately nobody elevated me to prophet hood. God is perfectly capable of handling what God does. We, here in Heaven, trust in God and truth completely. Don't bother praying to me or to any soul here. We do not get those messages. They go directly to God who knows all.




This fantasy is my own. I do not pretend to present any theological or philosophical theory or statement. This is for my own entertainment and yours, if you will. Do not extract any belief system or support any. It is fiction, pure and simple. Hope you can read it with the spirit I intend in my writing.

Thanks to GaliaG for the illustration.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. fdgsr All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
fdgsr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.