Supernatural Fiction posted October 31, 2011 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A demon lover stalks his prey

A chapter in the book Paranormal Adventures

Beware the Incubus

by Writingfundimension



Background
The Trans Atlantic Paranormal Team has been hired to investigate reports of Poltergeist happenings at the notorious Bellingham Estate - site of a double murder.


********************
Previously: The Trans Atlantic Paranormal Team returns to their bed and breakfast, The Tipsy Butler, to get some sleep and to review  evidence gathered at Bellingham Manor.  Mia and Emma share one room and Mike and Luke another. At 3 A.M. a resident cat, who has taken to Emma, is woken by an unseen presence.

*********************


The Tipsy Butler, 3 A.M., February 8, 2010

He was borne on a wind that skimmed the frosted fields and ice-sealed ponds of Nobleboro, Maine. A sensation of savage pleasure moved him to howl like a moon-drenched beast. Ahead, through the window, was the target of his lust.

Charles Bellingham's unholy presence was immediately sensed by the cat sleeping in the middle of the bed. Ghostly fingers manipulated the opening and closing of the bedroom door, dispatching the terrified creature.

Sparring with the one called Mia no longer fascinated him. Now, he intended to see what pleasure he could gain through twisting the thoughts and will of her delectable companion. Shudders of energy sparked the edges of his greatcoat as his foul tongue licked Emma's lips.

A claw from one of the creatures that formed Charles Bellingham's retinue of the condemned touched Emma's arm. Immediately the skin swelled and blistered and her features were marred by pain.

Bellingham retaliated by sending a bolt of blue fire into the ghoul and burning it out of existence. Rising from the core of the earth, another demon stood to take its place.

This new demon filled him with terror. Its features were that of an ancient serpent, radiating immense power. 'Who were you?' He commanded, referring to whether it was originally human. But there came no answer.

He was in the presence of a spirit who had never inhabited a body. It could not be exploited or manipulated like those who once experienced emotion. This freshly-risen demon, who would now be his constant companion, came straight from Satan's side.

It was clever and patient, armed with the knowledge of the ghost's plan to seduce human beings into performing a ritual of
re-animation. It would appear to be subservient until, at Satan's bidding, the demon would cast the arrogant fool into the farthest reaches of hell.

Something close to longing came over Bellingham as he bent to whisper in Emma's ear, "You will help me, Emma, of that you can be sure. Like a spider who contorts its body in order to slip from sight, I will enter through the cracks of your fear and confusion. You, my dear, will be the living sacrifice I need in order to once again walk the earth."

He was startled by a large orb approaching rapidly from the corner of the room. It slammed into his chest, knocking him backwards. A web of golden strings surrounded him, trapping his figure inside their light. Dragging him across the floor, they hurled his figure into the darkness beyond the window.

The female apparition standing at the foot of the bed, lifted her hand and repaired the tear in the arc of protection that lay over the sleeping women. She glided along the floor until reaching Emma's side. After tracing a cross on the girl's forehead, the figure in white turned and looked directly into the camera mounted on the dresser and disappeared.

Under the spell of the female apparition, Emma and Mia went on sleeping, unaware of the battle going on in the room and the evidence being gathered by the DVR camera they had set in place before retiring for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the other end of the hallway, Mike turned restlessly from side to side. Part of his difficulty in getting comfortable was due to the fact that Luke was hogging most of the bed. He got up to use the bathroom and groaned when he looked at the clock and saw that it was 3 AM. - the proverbial witching hour.

He lay awake dissecting the nightmare that thrust him awake: Emma was driving and he was a passenger in her car traveling along an isolated two-lane road. The only illumination was from their high beams and scant moonlight coming through the trees. Even with the ambient light from the car's dashboard, Mike could not make out any of Emma's features - there was a thick cloud between them. Sounding very far away, he heard her say, 'What if we have to spend eternity wandering this road, Mike, never meeting any other souls and unable to escape?'

Mike had goosebumps as he recalled the despair in Emma's voice and wondered what it all meant. At the first opportunity, he planned to get Mia's interpretation of the dream's meaning.

Intent on the process of relaxing his body, he was unprepared for the booming sound that came from the area of the closet. Mike threw back the bedclothes and crept in the direction of the sound's source. Just as he was ready to step inside, another boom - right by his ear - sent him scrambling backwards in alarm.

"Holy crap!" Luke said from the bed. "It sounded like someone shot off a cannon in there. You think that Bellingham's ghost has followed us here?"

"The girls...one of us should make sure that Mia and Emma are okay. 
Why don't you do that, Mike, while I make sure there aren't any natural causes for the banging..like a furnace kicking on or water moving through plumbing fixtures?" 

"Right, Luke. I'll make this quick and get back to help you sort this out."

Mike crossed the room, released the deadbolt and pulled on the knob. The door did not budge. He pulled again, this time harder, and again the door refused to open.

"What the hell, Luke? I can't get the frikkin door to open."

"Let me try," Luke said. He dug his heels into the floor, grabbed the knob with both hands and pulled with his body's full weight. The door creaked, but did not open.

He stepped back into the center of the room to assess his options and was stunned to see the door open slowly of its own volition. At the same time, the temperature of the room plummetted. "Hurry, Mike, get the EMF detector. Dude, it's freezing right here. The hair on my arms is standing straight up!"

"I feel it too, Luke."  Mike moved the temperature gauge in a spiral direction around both their bodies. Then he compared it to temperatures in other parts of the room. "There's a fifteen degree difference where we're standing. It starts at the floor level and moves straight up to just above our heads." 

"Whoever's in this room with us right now, say something. We feel you drawing on our energy. Use it...use us... to manifest yourself," Luke said in a loud voice. "We want to know who you are and what information you have for us. Please, tell us your name."

"Did you hear that, Mike? I just heard a woman's voice say 'Catherine'." 

"Yeah, man, I heard it," Mike confirmed. "Catherine, we are honored that you are willing to communicate with us. We heard you clearly. Are you here to warn us?"

Mike's face turned ashen at the clearly articulated words coming from the invisible source, 'will kill...Charles will kill...'          

  




Recognized


Members of the Trans Atlantic Paranormal Team: Mike Peterson, team founder; Luke Chadwick, technical support; Mia Langley, team co-founder/Psychic/Medium and Emma Barlow, team historian.

Terms:
DVR: Digital video recorder
EMF: Electromagnetic field
Incubus: Male demon who pursues a female human
Poltergeist: Noisy ghost

Image thanks to DonFofo: Four Arches
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Writingfundimension All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Writingfundimension has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.