Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted October 25, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Intelligence is relative. But not in my family.

Read My T-Shirt, Man

by humpwhistle

So you think you're clever? Contest Winner 
Intelligence is knowing not to eat green meat.
`
Intelligence without humanity is merely a statistic. -L. Oliver Bright

Intelligent people always look gift horses in the mouth---especially when they come from Troy.

'Covert Intelligence' pretty much describes Washington, D.C.

Plenty of intelligent people can't spell inteligance.

Intelligent people always look both ways---even when crossing a one-way street.

The average intelligent person knows enough to come in out of the rain, but still doesn't expect an invitation to Mensa.

Intelligence is a gift that needs to be unwrapped. -L. Oliver Bright

If offered a choice between intelligence and killer good looks, even intelligent people will think twice.

Smart people aren't always intelligent, and intelligent people don't always do the smart thing.

An intelligent person knows how to tie his own shoes, but prefers to wear loafers. -L. Oliver Bright

An intelligent person puts his pants on one leg at a time, unless she's wearing a skirt

An intelligent person knows that chocolate is a food group, but keeps it to herself.

Intelligent babies soon learn that breast implants do not result in third helpings.

Intelligence may be in the soup, but creativity invented the ladle. -L. Oliver Bright

Even the smartest person in the room doesn't always get the joke.

Truly intelligent people see more colors. That's why we call the rest 'dullards'.

An intelligent person has no need to flip a coin.

Intelligence and wisdom have the same roots, but don't always grow on the same tree.

"Smart-Ass" is the world's most appropriate descriptor. -L. Oliver Bright

An intelligent person recognizes his limitations, but doesn't get cozy with them.

Intelligent people know that 'war' is the only four-letter word. -L. Oliver Bright

Intelligent people recognize the person in the mirror.

If I were a know-it-all, I'd know enough to keep it to myself. -L. Oliver Bright

Intelligent people aren't afraid of the dark. They light it up.

Intelligence is just horse-sense without a bit in its mouth. -L. Oliver Bright

Intelligence knows the difference between right and wrong, but doesn't always care.

Show me an intelligent man, and I'll show you a troubled soul.

Intelligent people would rather meet a skunk head-on. -L. Oliver Bright

Intelligence separates us from the animals. And the animals aren't complaining.

Intelligence has no bounds, but it does have manners.

I was a very intelligent lad. Unfortunately, I grew up to be a man. -L. Oliver Bright





Writing Prompt
Define INTELLIGENCE.

You can do this in up to 500 words, using any form of PROSE. No poetry. Also see inside...

So you think you're clever?
Contest Winner

Recognized


L. Oliver Bright is my philosophical alter-ego. Anybody want to go into the T-shirt business?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. humpwhistle All rights reserved.
humpwhistle has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.