General Poetry posted January 19, 2011 Chapters: -22- 23... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Inspired by favorite FS poets - an Ampeletum

A chapter in the book Pet Stories

Harley's Ampeletum

by Mustang Patty



Background
This is a book of poetry made up of different poetic forms. Each poem is about one of my pets - past or present. Harley is my new Jack Russell Terrier, and I also have two cats at this time.
Oh the joy puppies bring
with their little faces
puppy barks, nips and fun
running puppy races

On my hands are traces
little teeth leave their mark
I try to scold Harley
he just gives a sharp bark

He's growing oh so fast
won't be a pup too long
playing in the bright sun
singing a puppy song

Oh the joy puppies bring
at times he is gnarly
but then he starts to calm
my little pup, Harley



Recognized


The ampeletum is a poem of four quatrains created by fellow fanstorian Jejo. Each line consists of 6 syllables, with no required meter. The rhyme scheme is Abcb bded fgcg Aehe. The capital A means that this first line of the poem is repeated as the first line of the final stanza. Also note that lines B,C and E have rhyming sounds that are repeated in later stanzas. Thanks to adewpearl, Gungalo and a few others, I had the guts to try this form.
This is the first picture I got of Harley from the breeder. He has grown so much since then, . . . and I can't remember NOT having him in my life. ~p~
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.