Biographical Poetry posted December 20, 2010 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Poem for Harley Davidson Adams

A chapter in the book Pet Stories

Harley in Diamante Form

by Mustang Patty



Background
This book is an original work of 42 different types of poetry. Each poem is dedicated to and about a pet. Thank you for reading along.
PUPPY
Cuddly, warm
Loving, licking, jumping
Loyal, attentive, agreeable, friend
Greeting, yelping, kissing
Devoted, attached
BUDDY



Recognized


The Diamante is a single stanza consisting of seven lines with strict rules and guidelines. The TOP and BOTTOM lines are single words - NOUNs, and the poem converges between them at the center line. The TOP and BOTTOM words should be synonyms or antonyms, and all the words and phrases in the lines between them will be describing one or the other.

Line 1: Noun
Line 2: two adjectives describing the first noun (L1)
Line 3: three adjectives that describe the first noun (L1), all ending in 'ing.'
Line 4: four words - two regarding the first noun (L1) and two regarding the synonym or antonym (L7)
Line 5: three adjectives that describe the synonym/antonym (L7), all ending in 'ing.'
Line 6: two adjectives that describe the synonym/antonym (L7)
Line 7: Synonym/antonym of the first noun (L1)

A small edit to change the top noun to puppy was suggested by several reviewers to lessen the need for the picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.