Biographical Non-Fiction posted December 16, 2010 Chapters:  ...36 38 -39- 40... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Lexi's Learning New Words Daily

A chapter in the book Dear Lexi

You Said What?

by Rdfrdmom2

Dear Lexi:
 
Last weekend, your mom and I were discussing how fast your vocabulary is growing now that you are twenty-two months old. She told me you had stunned her two days before with one of your newest words. My imagination was running wild as I waited for her to share the scenario with me.
 
You have the habit of throwing everything out of your bed before you settle down to sleep at night. This includes a caterpillar the length of the bed, a bear, a monkey, a dog-shaped pillow, and your blanket. Our guess is you do this to insure you have plenty of room to move around in your sleep.
 
After your mom gets you dressed, you normally hand her each of the aforementioned items to be put back into the bed until either your nap or bedtime. Until Thursday, December 9, 2010, that had not been an issue but on this day, you decided to say, “No,” when she asked you to hand her one of the items.
 
Having not heard you say that word before, your mom was just stunned speechless (lucky for you, I might add). Thinking maybe she misheard what you said, she asked again. In a tone not to be misunderstood, you once again said, “No.”
 
“Alexis Elaine Devers, you better pick up those things and give them to me right this minute.” Apparently, your mom’s shock had worn off.
 
Lucky for you, you didn’t try out the word again that morning. There was no doubt; however, you knew what it meant and how it was to be used. Now your nanny needs to explain to you it is not good for your fanny to say no to your parents when they ask you to do something. Even so, please know we will always love you unconditionally.
 
                                                Love forever,
                                                Nanny Jan



Recognized


I have really fallen behind in documenting some things I want to write for my granddaughter, Lexi, but wanted to share this one as the first time she told one of her parents "no". For sure, it won't be the last. A special thanks to Angelheart for the use of Best Friends Forever.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rdfrdmom2 All rights reserved.
Rdfrdmom2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.