General Fiction posted September 12, 2010 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The clock strikes six o'clock.

A chapter in the book Another Pretty Face

Chapter 6 part two

by barbara.wilkey



Background
While Col. Joe Barnes visited his parents, he was reacquainted with his best friend's baby sister, Sara. Sara became pregnant during her senior year and raised her daughter, Cassie by herself. His best friend, Josh, was killed during Desert Storm.
BACKGROUND:
Cassie spends a two hours with friends. Joe and Sara spend their 'alone time' making love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe tilted his head and smiled at Sara as her head lay on his chest. "Sara Riley, I love you."

She glanced up at him. "I know." Stretching up, she kissed him. "I never thought anybody could love me, let alone someone as wonderful as you."

He ran his fingers through her damp hair, then held her hand. "You're selling yourself short. I thought we agreemed you wouldn't cut yourself down."

She took his other hand and studied it. "We did. I'm still getting used to the idea you love me." Sara watched Joe stand. "I don't think you should walk around the house naked."

He scanned her naked body as she stood.

She pressed against him. "Thank you, but ...."

Wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead, he teased, "We've had a pretty good workout. Maybe a shower might be in order."

In the bathroom, Joe adjusted the showerhead. As the water flowed over their bodies, they embraced.

"Maybe we should actually shower." He grinned as he added, "Although kissing you is a great alternative." After the kiss, Joe lathered Sara's body.

This seems so natural for him. Sara's eyes widened. "You've showered with other women, haven't you?"

He put his arms around her and drew her closer. "I've already admitted I've been with other women, and you said it wouldn't be a problem. Can we leave it at that?"

"Yes, but everything's been so special. I wish it could be special for you too."

Joe brushed her wet hair behind her ears and his eyes met hers. "I've never felt this way before. I've never loved anyone the way I do you. Because of that love, everything we do is special."

She studied the seriousness and the tightness of his jaw. "You mean it, don't you."

"Yes." He squeezed her tighter. "I'm afraid you haven't had enough experience to understand love. My prayer is you love me with the same intensity as I do you. If I lost you, I'd be devastated."

"I'm afraid you'll realize I'm not as sophisticated as the women you're used to and you'll get bored."

"You're one classy lady, Sara Riley." After he kissed her, he teased, "Between you and Cassie, I need to stay on my toes. I never know what's happening next. How could I get bored?"

As they washed each other, their lovemaking continued.

*****
With her legs wrapped around Joe's waist, Sara heard the living room clock strike six times. "Joe! Cassie! It's six. She'll be home any second."

Joe set her down. They grabbed towels, ran toward the bedroom, and gathered their clothes.

Sara fastened her jeans. "Dinner? I told Cassie dinner would be ready at six."

Joe removed his cell phone from his jeans pocket. "I'm ordering pizza. What kind should I get?" He glanced up as Sara walked from the room. "Like I said, I never know what's going to happen next. What kind of pizza do females like?"

When Joe walked into the living room, Sara stared at him. "Think Cassie will notice my hair. It's wet."

He kissed her. "You can tell her we had a water fight washing dishes."

"Or we could just tell her the truth." She stared toward the door, anticipating Cassie's entrance. "Think she'd believe we made love all afternoon?"

Joe embraced her. "I don't think she'd believe it, but you could try." He kissed her, then added, "I think she'll believe the story about the water fight before she believes that."

"You're probably right. We'll stick to the water fight story." She laughed. "Back me up on that one, okay?"

Caressing her rear end, he grinned. "I have your back side covered."

She moaned. "And very nicely I might add." After hearing a noise, she glanced toward the door, then at the clock on the wall. "Joe, Cassie's never been this late." She chewed on her lower lip. Feeling pain, she grabbed her lower stomach. Something's wrong. With desperation in her voice, she said, "Something's wrong, I can feel it."



Recognized


Thank you to all my fans for sticking with me. I would like to post next weekend, but I cannot promise. My last surgery kicked my butt for about two days, I hope this one doesn't do the same. I know I have left this in a bad place and you want to know what happened. I promise to post as soon as possible.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.