Essay Non-Fiction posted May 21, 2010


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Short Rant on Reviewing.

A Derriere by any name is still....

by zeezeewriter

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.


Who knew the first thing I would write in months would be a rant? Well, it is. So hang onto your hat, this is going to be a rough one.

I'd recently turned a new leaf, shed my alligator hide for a warm and fuzzy negligee , and decided that I need not get my thongs in a knot over stupid people. And here I go getting my thongs in a knot over stupid people. Go figure, it was all working out so well, and then I had to go and read a review by some dumb-ass.

Oh, don't worry. I was civil. I'm always civil. I hate that part about me; the, being civil, part.

I won't mention the post or the reviewer. I don't want to point a finger, (middle one on right hand) and get censored by the Fanstory police. And I also don't want to bring attention to stupid people. The way I see it; as they go through life they'll get enough attention in the way of broken noses and doors slammed in their face.

The point of giving a rating with the star system is about evaluating the writing...not the subject matter, or did I miss the small print.

I received a one-star rating based on the reviewers objection to my subject matter and my own personal opinion. Now trust me...I don't give a big rats ass about a one-star rating, but I do give a big rats ass about people using the stars as a way to voice their disapproval of my opinion. I didn't mind the verbal bashing. I can take it. I appreciate the differing opinions, much unlike the asshole that showed their intolerance to all things contrary to their belief system.

Belief systems are like (insert picture of reviewer) everyone has one.

The really odd thing; the post was old, one I'd written many months ago. That leads me to believe this person read through my portfolio until they found one they could sink their vile teeth into. How utterly pathetic.

If the Fanstory police would like to do some snooping around for abusers of the rating system, they might want to start by monitoring all one-star reviews and determine the reasoning behind the low rating. I think a little note in their mail box might prove enlightening to the Neanderthal members. Not that I have anything against people with large foreheads and short arms and legs. At least they don't have to shop for a costume at Halloween, nor worry about that long list of attendees at their High school graduation party.

Sorry I came back on a sour note. With any kind of luck, I'll write some equally disturbing posts in the very near future. My new motto: If you can't piss in someone's Wheaties everyday, why get out of bed in the morning!




Recognized


Ah, Jeppers....life is too short for this crap.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zeezeewriter All rights reserved.
zeezeewriter has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.