Mystery and Crime Fiction posted April 18, 2010


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Opening Lines - Ten Chapters Contest

The Senator's Mistress?

by fionageorge

The Senator's Mistress?



























Chapter 1:

I sense rather than hear the presence of someone in the room, yet I don’t feel fear, just indignation that someone’s inside my home.
 
Chapter 2:
The doctor removes the stitches and says, “Georgia, have the police found your attacker yet?”
 
Chapter 3:
“Get on the floor now and don’t look up,” he says menacingly, holding a knife against my neck.
 
Chapter 4:
I crawl under the fence, knowing this is a risk I have to take; it’s his life or mine.
 
Chapter 5:
“You say it was self defence, yet you were on the Senator’s property?” the officer asks in disbelief.
 
Chapter 6:
I look straight ahead as I’m led into court; my wrists cuffed and an officer on either side of me.
 
Chapter 7:
“Your Honour, I object to the prosecution’s questions in relation to my client’s sexual preferences, which are totally irrelevant to this case,” my lawyer shouts, his face red.
 
Chapter 8:
“I’m not willing to make a deal, not now, not ever; I am innocent, it was self-defence,” I say defiantly, knowing it may mean I’ll spend the rest of my life in jail.
 
Chapter 9:
The Senator’s widow jumps up and yells, “You bitch, you might think you got away with murder, but I’m not finished with you!”
 
Chapter 10:
“Georgia, now that their appeal has been denied, will you finally tell me what really happened that night?”
 



Opening lines- Ten Chapters writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write the opening lines for a novel. Novel can be any style, i.e. romance, action, suspense or supernatural.

Write the first line in each of the first ten chapters.

Recognized


Writing Prompt:
Write the opening lines for a novel. Novel can be any style, i.e. romance, action, suspense or supernatural.

Write the first line in each of the first ten chapters.
The idea here is to give the reader a sense of what the story would be about and to make the reader want to read more.

Opening lines should be no more than one sentence per line and exactly ten lines. For example:

1. Blah blah blha
2. blah blah blah

Thank you Basictype for the use of your artwork entitled 'Incognito'.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. fionageorge All rights reserved.
fionageorge has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.