Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted March 8, 2010


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Religeon versus Sanity

God is Good, but to whom?

by zeezeewriter

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.




 Hundreds slaughtered in Nigeria religious violence

By JON GAMBRELL, Associated Press Writer Jon Gambrell, Associated Press Writer - Mon?Mar?8, 5:50?pm?ET

DOGO NAHAWA, Nigeria - The killers showed no mercy: They didn't spare women and children, or even a 4-day-old baby, from their machetes. On Monday, Nigerian women wailed in the streets as a dump truck carried dozens of bodies past burned-out homes toward a mass grave.

The horrific violence comes after sectarian killings in this region in January left more than 300 dead, most of them Muslim. Some victims were shoved into sewer pits and communal wells.
Sunday's bloodshed in three mostly Christian villages appeared to be reprisal attacks, said Red Cross spokesman Robin Waubo.

________

I paraphrased this news item. It seemed ridiculous to print the entire fucking episode.

Suffice it to say, if you don't see the absurdity, then you never will.

IN MY OPINION .... Religion is evil. It always has been and it always will be. It is giving up free choice and freedom of thought. It is to follow in the footsteps of dogma spewed by a person ... not a God. Man wrote the books of religion. God did not. He has better things to do.

Yet, common man will tell you that God saved him, that God looks down on him. How arrogant are we mortals?

Man might wish that some God would look down on him and show favor upon him, but in the end, if there is a God, he is one busy dude. I seriously doubt he is dwelling on anyones pissy-ass life, much less mine.

These people who proclaim to be killing in the name of their God are just bigots and racist. They dress up their atrocities in a cloak of religion. If there is a God, I hope he cast them out to be eaten by pigs. I hope they suffer the worst, most excruciating death a mortal can endure.

Devout believers feel superior, in their belief. It is the only thing that allows them to feel superior. In truth, they are cowards. They only have strength in numbers. Left alone to their own device, they would be cowering in a corner sucking their thumb.

I challenge all, all devout believers ... to stand alone. Do not hide behind your congregation, be a true believer. Leave the flock behind. Then see how many of them will throw a crust of bread when you are starving or a sip of water when you are thirsty.

You may have to count on us atheists. We lend a hand to even the lowest of the low. That's what we do. We have no hard, fast rules. We bestow benevolence to all. We are sort of like Jesus. You remember Jesus? Nice guy ... I liked him.




Recognized


Okay, I am pissed. I hate violence. God probably hates violence. At least any God I might believe in ... If I were to believe in a God.

No one has shown me a benevolent God. Everyone's God has a very bad temper. I don't do God's with bad tempers. I have a bad enough temper of my own. Am I a God?

This is the absurd bordering on the ridiculous.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zeezeewriter All rights reserved.
zeezeewriter has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.