Romance Fiction posted December 27, 2009 Chapters:  ...23 24 -25- 26... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Leya and Steven get closer.

A chapter in the book Tantalizing Eyes

Chapter 6; part4

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Steven works for Task Force 385 and is ordered to protect Leya Vegas. She's the granddaughter of a famous drug lord. Steven marries her to protect her from an arranged marriage. Peggy requests to be put on Steven's team to protect him from Leya.
BACKGROUND:
After arguing with Peggy about Leya, Steven leaves the safe house.



At every sound Peggy heard, she moved the curtains to stare outside as she waited for Steven's return. Almost three hours later, he walked through the door. Peggy hurried to him. "I don't understand why you're so upset over a wedding ring. You know Leya's dad received the marriage certificate. Why stay married?" She glared at his finger. "And why are you still wearing that ring?"

Steven glanced toward the stairs, then back at Peggy. "Leya and I are adults. We're capable of handling our own lives."

*****
Leya walked halfway down the stairs, overheard the harsh tone in Steven's voice, and released a deep breath. "Stop it! I can't stand the arguing." She focused on Steven. "Find another team to protect me. You and Peggy have been friends too long to fight over me. I won't be the cause of your friendship falling apart. Good friends are hard to find."

"Listen to her," interrupted Peggy as she placed her hand on Steven's arm. "She's not worth losing what we have."

Steven pushed her hand away and met Leya on the stairs. He took a small black box from his jeans' pocket and opened it. After lifting Leya's left hand, he removed the band and placed a platinum wedding band on her left ring finger. He said nothing, only stared into her eyes.

Leya's eyes glowed as she stared at the princess cut, royal blue sapphire stones with alternating diamonds. "Thank you," she whispered. She moved closer to him and started to put her arms around his neck, but stopped when she heard Peggy slam the bedroom door. Leya backed away and returned to her room.

*****
A few minutes later, Leya answered the door and stared at Steven standing there. The moisture in her eyes caused them to shine. "Why?"

He reached out and took her hand. "I thought you needed something better than what you had. I didn't know what you liked. I hope this is satisfactory."

She caressed the ring with the index finger of her right hand. "It came from you. It's perfect." They stared into each other eyes as a magnetic force drew their bodies closer. Their lips touched, and Steven tightened his grip. Leya inhaled slowly and backed away. "Steven?"

As Steven rubbed the back of his neck and gulped loudly, he turned his head searching around the room. He saw the four bags and envelope he'd dropped beside the door earlier. "Why didn't you open the bags? I left them for you."

"I didn't know that. I thought you accidentally left them." She rubbed her arms as goose bumps traveled up them.

He picked up the smaller one and dumped numerous chocolate candy bars on her bed. "I don't know what your favorite is, so I bought an assortment."

Leya's eyes sparkled as she stared at them. She chose the chocolate caramel, licked her lips, and smiled. "This is my favorite, but I like all of them. Could you hide the rest until I ask for one? If you leave them here, I'll eat them all by morning."

He put the candy back in the bag and chuckled. "So you're a chocoholic?" She bit slowly into the chocolate and nodded, as he picked up the largest bag and took out a pair of blue jeans, a pink T-shirt with a rainbow colored butterfly on the top left corner, and a pair of blue low-heeled shoes. "I hope you like these."

Surprised, she took the clothes from him and smiled. "Thank you. How did you know I liked butterflies?" She blushed. His touch was so gentle when he removed my tattoo.

With a grin, he looked behind her pretending to peek at her lower back. "I guessed."

She placed her hands to her stomach trying to stop the tingles.

As she continued smiling, he held up a second T-shirt with an orange kitten lying in a bed of flowers and chuckled. "Since you didn't seem to like that T-shirt, maybe you'll like this one better."

"They're both perfect." She reached over and touched his arm. "But why?" The feel of the strength in his arm caused sensations to run the length of her body.

"You said you dressed that way, because you're a Drug Lord Princess. Well, now you're my wife, so I wanted to give you another option."

She chewed on her lower lip. "Would you complain if I showed my appreciation with a hug?"

"No, but you might want to wait until I open the other bags, they're also for you."

As he opened the next largest one, she sat on the bed and stretched her neck to peek inside. He took out navy blue dress slacks and a matching blue sweater set. Leya started toward him, but backed away; as she took the sweater and held it in front her. "Steven, this is too much," her voice was low and husky as she watched him open the last bag.

He held up dark gray gym shorts, a light blue work out T-shirt, socks, and gym shoes. "Tomorrow morning we'll work out together and I want you to wear this. You'll be more comfortable than you were in blue jeans and bare feet."

Leya put her arms around his neck, and whispered, "Thank you so much." Her lips brushed his cheek.

He drew her closer. "You're welcome, but I also have an envelope you may want to see." He backed away and handed it to her.

She looked inside and was surprised to see four wedding photo proofs. "I didn't think you'd remember. Thank you."

"Let me know if you want to order any and I'll take care of it for you."

"Are they expensive? I don't have any money." She smiled as she held a photo of Steven watching her walk down the staircase in the wedding gown.

"Don't worry about it. Just tell me what you want and I'll take care of it."

"Thank you so much. I've already picked my favorite." She rested her head against his chest and sighed.

As his body reacted to their closeness, he took a step back. "I'd better leave. I'll see you around 0700 hours in the gym."

She released a deep breath. "Thank you again for everything." She chewed on her lower lip before she added, "And thank you for being a gentleman and knowing when to leave. I couldn't do that right now."



Recognized


I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas with friends and family. I wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for your continued support.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.