Children Fiction posted December 3, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A visit with Santa .........

I Can't Wait!

by Begin Again











Last minute shoppers crammed the mall. Christmas carolers sang, "Santa Claus is coming to Town." Perfectly trimmed trees with mounds of glistening imitation snow made a winter wonderland. Overstressed mothers waited in line for their precious little ones to tell Santa what special gift they hoped he'd bring on Christmas Eve.

"Mommy, come on." Kaitlyn danced around in her new dress.

"Stop pulling on my arm," her mother chided.

"The line's so long, Mom." Gavin sighed. "Can't I go play the arcades?"

"No, it's almost our turn. You and your sister are going to have your picture taken with Santa."

"I'm too old to sit on Santa's lap." Gavin whined.

Two-year-old Kaitlyn danced on her toes, pulling her mother's arm.

"Next," the little elf called. "Santa's waiting for a good boy and girl."

Gavin took his sister's hand and stepped up to Santa's chair. A big Ho-Ho-Ho rumbled from the jolly ole man's belly. "Merry Christmas!"

Sitting Kaitlyn on his knee, he bellowed, "Come tell Santa what you want for Christmas, little girl."

"No, no," she cried. Big fat tears rolled down her cheeks. She squirmed in Santa's arms. "Let go, ple-e-ease."

"Don't you want to talk to Santa?" The jolly old man chuckled.

"Pl - e - ease, I gotta go. I want my mommy," she pleaded.

Santa laughed and shook his belly, and then his eyes flew open wide. He lifted Kaitlyn from his lap and his laughter disappeared.

Gavin shrugged his shoulders, "Sorry, she had to pee."













Recognized


This is a picture of my two grandchildren last Christmas - Gavin and Kaitlyn.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.